Customizing a commerce page

Site URL: https://fwwm.org

I work for a small nonprofit and due to COVID we've had to expand our website store offerings on the commerce page. The store manager wanted to include text about the store, about the business hours, etc., but there was no way to customize the commerce page to include this, or categories of goods. 

So we made a secondary landing page with galleries of the store items by categories. And it looks much better and is easier to navigate. But it doesn't work. As soon as you click on a product, all links take you back to the hidden commerce page. It defeats the whole purpose of the page we built.

I have no idea how to change and reroute all the "back" links to this new store page. I would rather reroute the links than hide them, though I've managed to hide one with someone's helpful guidance on this forum. I'm still trying to sort through any posts that may help. I'm also trying to look at coding, though the pandemic will probably be over by the time I figure it out that way.

I either need to be able to add some text to the commerce page, or change the links in the landing page. Anyone know how to do either??? Please and thank you ahead of time.

• Replies 3
  • Views 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, CheshireGarden said:

Did the technique I described, in the other thread where we discussed this, not help?

If it were possible to duplicate the $ page and delete items, maybe. If it were possible to easily duplicate items to add to the new pages, yeah, I'd give it a try. But there's no way I can re-enter all of the products on separate category pages at this point. I'll just have to go with a two-click store, one to get the preamble, and then you leave there for the cascade of items. For quick turnaround I don't know what else to do.

Archived