Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Adding a second line/subtitle to grid and product detail pages

TrevorBaum

Question

Site URL: https://falcon-avocado-k4w3.squarespace.com/

Hello!

I'm working on setting up a photography print shop site. Currently using the Palmera template.

I want to be able to add a second line of text (subtitle with artist name) under each item, both in the grid and the product detail pages if possible. It should look like the attached images.

Ideally should also be able to lightly style this line of text, so it's smaller and a different color/opacity than the title.

Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!

Ideal.png

PDP_ideal.png

Hi Paul, I have followed the instruction from your website, and the store title has successfully split to different lines using" | ", but the product detail page title is all mess up like my below pic, could you kindly help out? thank you. 

Also, how can I change the product details fonts without interfering store title font?

image.thumb.png.64affba44a9ab5ca134e380252e35bd6.png

44 minutes ago, ZackYen said:

The product detail page title is all messed up like my below pic, could you kindly help out?

It looks like you've incorrectly set the line-height for this title. Try changing it in Site Styles, or if you've added a line of Custom CSS to set the line-height, adjust it to be at least 1.3em.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:20 PM, peaberry said:

Hello there, 

Very new to coding, have been following along and making the line break for the product detail page and list view... until I try adding product blocks to the page, the line break did not translate, it still shows " | " instead of breaking to the subtitle.  Do you mind taking a look at it. https://www.mcwu.store/shop/p/icanread100books 
Thank you so much.

It looks fine to me. Did you solve it?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Hi, I've managed to get the lines to break where I need them in my Product grid however the '|' symbol appears when that item is selected and appears in checkout. Is there an additional workaround for making sure that it doesn't appear there either?

@CMBorgman

The checkout page can not be altered. It is a SS security feature. Also we do not have access to the backend of SS so there is no code that can change the text of an ordered item in the backend and how it is stored.

The changes that can be made, where they can be made, are literally skin deep. It is a visual change on the client side not a storage change server side.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!