Setup product with "name your own price"

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.scottmurry.com

Hi friends,

I'm exploring the idea of setting up a product on my page—but would like to make it a "Name Your Own Price" option. Patrons could in turn choose to pay $1 to $1,000 for a downloadable item. I see variable pricing options, but not something in which people can enter how much they'd like to pay. Any experience in setting up this format on squarespace?

Thank you,
Scott

• 8 months later...

Site URL: https://join.oraclegirl.org/product/karmic-delete-6-2-source-connection-recalibration-mp3/

I'm wanting to have donation based pricing on my website for digital products. Is there a third party payment processor that would do this and how would i integrate that onto my site? I've left an example of exactly how I'd like it to work. Someone can name their price, yet a minimum donation amount is in place. 

• 9 months later...
  • Solution

You can add variants to a product, and set fixed prices for each variant,  but you cannot allow customers to enter their own price; they’ll only be able to select from the fixed amounts. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a way to add a product or service that is recurs on a monthly basis with a price option where the customer can input their own amount.

This would be a "partnership" option where the customer would choose their own amount to partner with an influencer on a monthly basis.

Thanks for any help with this!