Multiple subscriptions for one product (3 months, 6 months, 12 months)

Site URL: https://www.huffkins.com/

Is there a way to add multiple subscription options in a drop down list for one product. For example, if we want to offer the choice of either 3 months, 6 months or 12 months on one particular product.

Is it doable? Or would we need to add each subscription option as a separate product, so Product 1 (3 months), Product 1 (6 months) etc?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for the answer to the same question. It seems very clunky to have to create multiple product listings just to address subscription durations. I'd like this to just be a field that the customer populates prior to adding the product to their cart (similar to selecting sizes).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to add a widget or plugin to offer a one time purchase or a yearly subscription to the same product. I know shopify offers it but squarespace support has said they don’t so I am assuming I need a plug-in to do it. I added a picture to give a better idea of what I’m trying to do. Thanks 

6C359BB4-75E5-45F5-ABA5-8DD5082673B6.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, OnlyCharlie said:

I'm also after this.

Additionally, I would like if customer could select time basis of subscription.

i.e.: one-time purchase, every 4 weeks, every 6 weeks.

- Thanks

I am looking for the same functionality. It feels SO clunky to have to list multiple products for different time periods. I wish we could list 1 product and have the subscription renewal / pre-paid options in the same listing.

4 minutes ago, Jeff2886 said:

Does anyone from Squarespace support actually read these?

Squarespace doesn’t Track requests in the forum. Posts are generally answered by Squarespace customers. 

The Squarespace platform doesn’t offer the feature that you’re currently asking for. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

6 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Squarespace doesn’t Track requests in the forum. Posts are generally answered by Squarespace customers. 

The Squarespace platform doesn’t offer the feature that you’re currently asking for. 

Thank you for the feedback. That's disappointing news.

EDIT: Has anyone figured out a work around yet? I'm wondering if there is a way to hide the necessary individual product pages and somehow use button functions and onclick commands to simulate the desired function. All of the individual product pages would technically exist but would be invisible to the customer. The goal would be to click buttons on a single product page and ultimately end up at the shopping cart with all the desired options selected.

Edited by Jeff2886

Yes, you could hire a developer to write some custom JavaScript to display individual subscription products as if they were variants of the same product.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem!!! I offer basketball training services, and some clients are parents who want to sign up multiple kids. Right now I'm unable to sell multiple subscriptions at once to one client. The current solution is for them to have to purchase the product over and over until they sign up all their kids. This is a BIG inconvenience and it's user-UNfriendly. 

On 4/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jeff2886 said:

EDIT: Has anyone figured out a work around yet? I'm wondering if there is a way to hide the necessary individual product pages and somehow use button functions and onclick commands to simulate the desired function. All of the individual product pages would technically exist but would be invisible to the customer. The goal would be to click buttons on a single product page and ultimately end up at the shopping cart with all the desired options selected.

I figured one out. You create a variant option called "Quantity" and manually change the price for all the variants. It's really annoying and tedious, but it gets the job done. It's a bigger problem when you have hundreds of variants. I have 60 so I can't imagine over 100!!  

image.png.3667639e474f236ec01c854d5d1a3ba4.pngimage.thumb.png.709cc1f7a218d2b916d17fbad9f89a1e.pngimage.thumb.png.ed39ac2d38230e89034a81f9261d4f1e.png

On 4/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jeff2886 said:

If you found something better, PLEASE let me know!! XD