Squarespace page editor - constant lagging and other issues

I am having these same issues of extremely slow processing in the editor, in both Chrome & Safari, & on a new Mac Air M1. It's very frustrating, as I'll often wait 10-30 seconds simply to delete/replace a word. I don't even have any images or media on the site, all just text. Even worse, the entire page will continually crash (getting the Chrome 'aw snap, something went wrong... message), so I then have to reload the site, losing all my edits. Squarespace is almost unusable for me.

Hi! I was having this problem too, and seeing that there were no solutions on offer that were working, I was about to abandon the platform...

But then, I turned off AdBlock, and it's been working like a DREAM!!!

If you have an active ad blocker in your browser, try turning it off for the site when you are in editor. It totally worked for me, and I hope it will work for other people too.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd +1 to this topic. I've been working on a 7.1 site and for the past half hour, I've been getting the "Couldn't Save Information" error (screenshot attached) every time I save an edited blog post. It's slowing down my work process and driving me nuts. Would love to get some eyes on this! 

Steps to replicate issue: 

1. Open a blog post
  2. Edit the blog post in any way (either in Settings or in the post itself.) 
  3. Save.

Then I get the error.

Then... I have to reload the page and scroll, scroll, scroll until I find my place again. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 2.40.14 PM.png

36 minutes ago, raeroshow said:

I've been getting the "Couldn't Save Information" error (screenshot attached) every time I save an edited blog post.

I just edited a blog post with no issue. The issue appears to not be happening on all sites. Not much help but it's a data point.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I narrowed down the cause of the "Item not found" error I'm getting when editing a blog post.

It seems to occur when I'm changing the Featured Image in the Options tab.
I duplicate a blog post and edit its content; I delete the Featured Image in the Options tab and select a new image from my library; I try to save the edited blog post, only to be greeted with the "ERROR Item not found" pop-up.

ERROR.png.49fcfcbee82aa49c34d9bb7c58368c3a.png

A workaround is to first edit the content of the blog post, save it, edit it again and then only change the Featured Image, save it and get the error pop-up, close the blog post, edit it again and the Featured Image should now be empty, select a new image and then it should save.

It's quite annoying, even more so when you forget about the error pop-up and all your edits are lost to this stupid bug.

Please Squarespace, fix it.

@raeroshow @Rammy

SS has reported that sites with FE are having issues saving changes. Not sure if this is your specific issue but may explain some folks issues. SS says a fix is in the works.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...

My page editing time is unbelievably slow. Definitely costing time. It's been this way for MONTHs. Especially when trying to sell clients on how great Squarespace is and then they're looking at a blank screen for seconds on end in the page editor and suffice to say, they are NOT impressed. 

After a certain point, this becomes untenable.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, mattyoungus said:

I use Chrome and using and Incognito window sped things up for me.

This indicates to me that you may need to clear the cache, cookies, and etc. for the site you are working on.

You'll want to read up on how to clear the cache for one site in Chrome. Clearing the entire cache is usually not fun. Many web articles can be found by using your favorite search engine.

• 11 months later...