Slug for homepage leads to duplicate content with SEO

Hi. I have set an Index page as my homepage (Rally, v 7.0). As that page needs to have a slug (which I set to "/home"), both URLs mysite.com/home and mysite.com/ now lead to the homepage, causing for duplicate content warnings in Google Search Console. Interestingly, there's no link to "/home" anywhere on my site, and Google finds it regardless.

However, how can I change this behavior so that for instance the homepage has no slug at all?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a page is enabled as the home page then it becomes the home page. It doesn't have to have the slug "home". So in effect you can give you home page any non conflicting slug. If you put in home at the end of my domain, it directs to my about page which is my vacant url intercept page. myrandomviews.com/home in effect does not exist. My home page is technically myrandomviews.com/myrandomviews. If I didn't assign my  home page a slug, Squarespace will assign a defualt one something like myrandomviews-home-page-1

Archived