Website for community group

We want to move a community group's website from a Wordpress site over to a new Squarespace site. Does it have to be under an individual's account? The people who will build and maintain the site are not the people who are responsible for paying for the plan, the domain etc (that's the committee chair and secretary) - and any of these people are likely to change fairly regularly. We do have a domain name already which is being transferred to the group, and I think it would be better to keep that where it is currently hosted (with an Australian company).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @MEC,

Yes, Squarespace has a very flexible backend for Administrators and Contributors, as well as the ability to change them freely on the fly. These are handled in permissions.

Thus, you can set up the account using the contact information for your organization, and as the Admin, then rotate contributors as needed.

As far as Wordpress migration, there are several options there as well, both free and paid.

Feel free to reach out with more questions!

SQSDesign

With ❤️, from Andrew @ SQSDesign
Need help building and maintaining your website?

That's all we do: custom blocks, fully-styled templates, product management, POD fulfillment, and more.
Reach out anytime, 24/7/365: 
📱
(628) SQS-DSGN • ✉️ Email • 👀 Instagram • 🚀 RocketSurgery Blog •  🔲 @SQSDesign

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry, I'm still a bit unsure how to proceed... I've previously managed websites for another non profit and a small business, and it seems like there needs to be a personal 'site owner' - easy in the case of the small business, and the non-profit which was really the project of one person - but there is no owner in this case.  When setting up a Squarespace account, it has first & last name - no option to set up an organization account.

So, as they have no custom email addresses for the organization (they use a webform to send email contacts to their personal email addresses) I guess I have to set it up under my personal account - but if I want to stop managing it later and pass it on to a web developer or a member of the club, would I be able to do that? 

Archived