Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Fonts breaking when using local glyphs


Recommended Posts

Site URL: http://plavoizeleno.rs

Hello, 

I would like some help with our fonts breaking on site in both mobile and desktop versions.

We are using FF Tisa Pro fonts for our headlines, and our site is in Serbian language. We chose this font specifically because it was developed by someone who is using our local latin glyphs, like Ć, Č, Ž for example. But for some reason the display of those glyphs in our site looks broken on both the desktop and mobile version. 

The password for our site is edited out because site is live.

 

Edited by sitnicarnica
Link to post
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Squarespace doesn't load the full font set and I don't think you can make it load the full set so you miss out on may characters like the ones you need. The only way to fix it is to inject code into t

Squarespace doesn't load the full font set and I don't think you can make it load the full set so you miss out on may characters like the ones you need. The only way to fix it is to inject code into the header that loads the full font set. You will also need your own Adobe fonts account or use Google fonts.

Pretty huge issue for anyone wanting to use non english fonts. Not sure if they intend to fix this.

Link to post

I did a bit of research on this issue and found out that there is limited support for Serbian language for the Tisa font on Adobe. Maybe it would be all fine had I tried out switching to some other regional language that is supported and has all of our glyphs, but I hadn't thought of it at the time. 

We switched to Roboto Slab, which works perfectly. So, I think that this issue is not entirely to SQS.

Link to post
On 12/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, sitnicarnica said:

I did a bit of research on this issue and found out that there is limited support for Serbian language for the Tisa font on Adobe. Maybe it would be all fine had I tried out switching to some other regional language that is supported and has all of our glyphs, but I hadn't thought of it at the time. 

We switched to Roboto Slab, which works perfectly. So, I think that this issue is not entirely to SQS.

Thats great news! Good move 🙂

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...