Adding padding / margin to website with a vertical navigation side bar?

Site URL: https://www.roseysbeauty.co.uk/

Hi there! 

I've added a vertical navigation to a site for a client in 7.1 (which works well - code below via ghost plugins) , but the side nav means that all the content is pushed towards the left side. I have added a site wide margin of 5vw in the spacing options and the following code in the custom css: 

// Vertical Navigation //
@media screen and (min-width: 640px) {
.header-nav-list {
  width: 135vh !important;
  padding: 15px;
  background:hsl(6, 64%, 33%) ;
  position: fixed;
  -webkit-transform:rotate(-90deg)translateX(-85%);
  -webkit-transform-origin: top left;
  left: 0px;
  top: 0px;
  text-align: center;
  z-index: 999;
}
}

I have tried using the following code to add the padding to the left size, but it is not looking right and each time I make the screen smaller on the laptop or via a tablet view it starts to get closer to the left side again. (I've added some pictures to explain this more clearly) :

@media screen and (min-width: 901px){
  #collection-5f8759667f0f4c44ec700440 {
   margin-left: 0px !important;
   margin-right: 0px !important;
   padding-left: 5vh !important;
   padding-right: 0px !important;
}
}

Would be extremely grateful if any one could suggest how I could fix this so that both sides are equal at all times!! The vertical nav bar is only for desktop and tablet / ipad view. 

The website is www.roseysbeauty.co.uk and password is roseysbeauty1 🥰

Many many thanks, 

Mehak

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 00.29.00.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 00.28.52.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 00.28.26.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 00.28.19.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 00.31.53.png

• Mehak changed the title to Adding padding / margin to website with a vertical navigation side bar?
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/24/2020 at 4:36 PM, Mehak said:

I have added a site wide margin of 5vw in the spacing options

I'm thinking that part of your issue could be the use of the 5vw. The vw unit is not a fixed unit in that each 1vw changes width based on the width of the viewport.

If you go to px or other fixed unit the issue may get better.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

14 hours ago, Mehak said:

Does this also work with responsive font sizes as I make the screen smaller the font gets bigger rather than smaller.

I don't have an answer off the top of my head for this issue.

Perhaps someone else may.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived