how to create a "coming soon" product status

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.betweentwonaps.com

hi there,

i wonder if someone can help with how to display a "coming soon" status, instead of "1 remaining" or "sold out"

perhaps it can be triggered if you add a certain tag to a specific product / products?

on the displaying all products page:

- it should display "coming soon", and the price should be hidden (or option to turn on/off?)

- on the specific product page.... it should also say "coming soon", and the button at the bottom should not add to cart.

attached a couple of ref images too.

url is www.betweentwonaps.com/shop

any ideas how to do this / can it be done?

thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.21.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.22.20 AM.png

• Solution
31 minutes ago, btn2020 said:

i wonder if someone can help with how to display a "coming soon" status, instead of "1 remaining" or "sold out"

See the guide that I wrote here: Adding a custom status badge to Squarespace Products.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

hi paul, thanks so much! i just tried it just this second... on my shop page i have one that now says coming soon using your method. amazing.

i wonder if you might be able to tell me 2 more quick things please?

- how would you add other labels.... e.g. if another one was "coming autumn" or "in production" can  i just add extra lines like below?

- does the text have to be in all caps? how can we make it regular text?

thanks so much -

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.03.00 AM.png

if anyone can help love to know:

- how you can add more labels.... got it working for one, but love to add more like "coming soon 2021" coming summer 2022" etc.

not sure how to further add labels to the code shown above.

- then there is formatting... how do we make it so it does not always have to be all caps (Seems to make it that way on the main shop page. ref image attached)

- and how do we avoid it starting each word with a capital letter on the product specific page? .. just want it to show exactly as i type. (see second ref image below where words auto capitalising, but don't want it this way.. just regular sentence case)

thank you!

2060253613_ScreenShot2020-11-23at10_17_13AM.thumb.png.44689056b5b6989149951054fdfdbb7a.png

1750347379_ScreenShot2020-11-23at10_17_24AM.thumb.png.4b1b56396971417de87f87c867d7ae1b.png

Edited by btn2020
On 11/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, btn2020 said:

how would you add other labels.... e.g. if another one was "coming autumn" or "in production" can  i just add extra lines like below?

You'll need a custom solution. This has been written to add one custom label.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, btn2020 said:

does the text have to be in all caps? how can we make it regular text?

To prevent all SOLD OUT and custom labels being capitalised, you can add the following to Design > Custom CSS:

.products.collection-content-wrapper .product-mark {
  text-transform: none;
}

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:31 PM, paul2009 said:

You can repeat all the code if you want more than one type of label to be created. 

Im on 7.1, I tried coping al the code, but it just shows two of the same tag on one product instead of two different tags on different products. 

Any suggestions? Thanks 🙂

Edited by Peter8925
trying to upload a screenshots
On 7/11/2021 at 12:22 AM, Peter8925 said:

Im on 7.1, I tried coping al the code, but it just shows two of the same tag on one product instead of two different tags on different products. 

Any suggestions? Thanks 🙂

Can you share link to your site? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 7/10/2021 at 6:22 PM, Peter8925 said:

I'm on 7.1, I tried coping all the code, but it just shows two of the same tag on one product instead of two different tags on different products. 

The code was written to add one custom label (the previous comment was incorrect).

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SaraSara said:

is it possible to remove the price? 

See How to make some prices POA on Squarespace.

• 4 months later...

Hello Paul and friends,  I am trying to add the same detail, adding 'coming soon' and to remove 'product pricing' to a product both in the shop area..

And also to the individual product listings page within the store. 

Could you advise what coding is needed for 7.1 and where to place the coding for this. What location ? 

I have tried following your step by step guide here but hit a wall.

Request to have a specific colour text too. 

Could you advise what points to follow if any part of 7.0 or directly go to straight to  7.1 for the above request. Thank you, 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 15.06.49.png

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 15.13.23.png

16 hours ago, SusanHewett said:

Hello Paul and friends,  I am trying to add the same detail, adding 'coming soon' and to remove 'product pricing' to a product both in the shop area..

And also to the individual product listings page within the store. 

Could you advise what coding is needed for 7.1 and where to place the coding for this. What location ? 

I have tried following your step by step guide here but hit a wall.

Request to have a specific colour text too. 

Could you advise what points to follow if any part of 7.0 or directly go to straight to  7.1 for the above request. Thank you, 

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 15.06.49.png

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 15.13.23.png

I think you can add a tag: coming-soon for these products, then share link to a product, we can check & give the code easier

Or send to forum message

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

I'm on 7.1. I'd like to create a new category of *new* products (not ones that are sold out) called 'Coming soon' where each label on the shop page + individual product page says Coming soon (not sold out).

I'd then like the button to be a waitlist, which says 'Join the waitlist' instead of Add to cart.

I have items that are sold out, which I want to keep on the site, so I can't just do the blanket solution of the waitlist on all products with 0 items.

I think what I want is here, but this solution seems to be for 7.0 only: https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/squarespace-products-changing-sold-out-to-sold-or-something-else

My objective is to build interest around a product before I launch it. My products have very limited availability. 

The website is dotandmila.com

Thanks so much!

Alice

22 hours ago, AliceGage said:

Hi there,

I'm on 7.1. I'd like to create a new category of *new* products (not ones that are sold out) called 'Coming soon' where each label on the shop page + individual product page says Coming soon (not sold out).

I'd then like the button to be a waitlist, which says 'Join the waitlist' instead of Add to cart.

I have items that are sold out, which I want to keep on the site, so I can't just do the blanket solution of the waitlist on all products with 0 items.

I think what I want is here, but this solution seems to be for 7.0 only: https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/squarespace-products-changing-sold-out-to-sold-or-something-else

My objective is to build interest around a product before I launch it. My products have very limited availability. 

The website is dotandmila.com

Thanks so much!

Alice

Can you add tag: coming-soon for some products? Then we will try some code to add coming soon text + replace add to cart with join the waitlist text

Or send to forum message

22 hours ago, AliceGage said:

I don't see tag coming soon. Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

.tag-waitlist .product-mark:before {
    content: "Coming Soon";
    visibility: visible;
}
.tag-waitlist .product-mark {
    visibility: hidden;
}

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 7:00 AM, thesprouthouse said:

I used this code, and it does add "coming soon", but it still says "sold out" underneath? How do I remove that? It also does not say "coming soon" on the individual product pages. I am on 7.1, thank you!

thesprouthouse.net

Password: $prout

See coming soon only, no sold out

image.thumb.png.fb88cb7057dc60f568e89cce1fca5889.png

Or send to forum message

Site URL: http://thesprouthouse.net

Hello, 

I was able to use the coding from the below forum to add a "coming soon" tag, but it still shows the "sold out" on both the product page and the shop pages? Can anyone help remove the "sold out" text, so it only says coming soon? Thank you!

Link to site: https://thesprouthouse.net/shop (Main storefront) https://thesprouthouse.net/shop/p/disco-plant-stake (Example product page)
Site password: $prout

On 9/10/2022 at 7:58 AM, thesprouthouse said:

Hello,

I used this code, and it does add "coming soon", but it still says "sold out" underneath? How do I remove that? It also does not say "coming soon" on the individual product pages. I am on 7.1, thank you!

thesprouthouse.net

Password: $prout

Can you share link to a "coming soon" product? 

Or send to forum message

On 9/12/2022 at 12:56 AM, thesprouthouse said:

Add this to Design > Custom CSS to hide sold out label

.tag-coming-soon .product-mark.sold-out {
    display: none !important;
}
div.tag-coming-soon .sold-out {
    display: none;
}

Or send to forum message