New GDPR requirements for cookies in UE (Spain, France...) - choice to decline cookies for users

Site URL: https://www.psycast.es

Dear colleagues and squarespace customer service! my name is Juan Guízar (artist and marketing expert based in Spain)

I have created and managed more than 10 websites for my clients in Spain and due to new GDPR the clients needs to have a yes/no button for cookie usage in EU. Is it possible to give a person the choice to decline cookies in the banner? To whom i need to contact within squarespace to know if I will be in the position to have this as soon as possible or I will need to develop more than 10 websites into other solution. There is an other solution to include this? If we dont have analytics we cannot sell to our clients squarespace anymore in Spain and several countries in UE!

Websites: psycast.es walltic.com s35.es ivanlarra.com mariaalvarez.es langoletto.es abstractartschool.com vidayperdida.es

We have already contacted our attorneys and what we need in EU is the option for the visitor to select what cookies they want to approve: necessary, analytic, marketing cookies, etc..

I am currently working with 3 more new clients fo 3 different websites so in case i have no reply from squarespace with a solution I will need to stop working with them and change the previous 11 websites to other solution. I hope squarespace can support soon!

3 new websites in development: https://harp-trout-xf4b.squarespace.com/config/pages

juan.guizar@gmail.com Thanks in advance for your reply and kind regards, Juan

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.54.42.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have created new ticket by email to squarespace due to the urgency to provide with this option in the cookies of the website. I am asking for support as I have seen that the https://support.squarespace.com has the cookies options we need based our clients attorneys and the European regulations. I have asked to provide with a solution same as they have implemented for their website: support.squarespace.com

We need to give the option for users to select: required cookies / functional cookies / advertising cookies (in/out)

Here you can see the screenshot:  

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 23.52.13.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A new cookie opt-out was added last week.

See the post on my change log or take a look at the updated support guide: Adding a cookie banner.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for my late reply! Some great college told me that it is a functionality not offered by squarespace at the moment. So the solution they recommend me was to install a third party solution in squarepace’s webs of my clients. I am using the free version of a French company: 

https://www.axeptio.eu/en/home

Acceptio was not difficult to be installed and it is free for the first 11 months.

See it my website of art: walltic.com

i hope it is helpful!

cheers, @juanguizar

PD: the new solution incorporated by square species is not covering the European policy