Hide All category on a Product Page

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/5/2022 at 2:03 AM, Toondayi said:

I tried using that solution and it says "Unable to update category" Is there anything that will prevent me from switching the Filter visibility to off?

@tuanphan Hello, tuanphan! I am also having this issue for a Shop page's "All" category. I want to hide this category, but I receive an error message when I attempt to toggle "Filter Visibility" off and cannot save the update in the page's settings. 

www.craene.com

Thank you for your time.

image.thumb.png.fc069fb362205c5b51fa2a6a78363331.png

51 minutes ago, craenestudio said:

I am also having this issue for a Shop page's "All" category.

This is an SS backend issue and we are unable to help with these types of issues.

I have seen other issues related to the settings you are trying to change and have they have been going on for awhile.

Please Contact Customer Support.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

12 hours ago, creedon said:

This is an SS backend issue and we are unable to help with these types of issues.

I have seen other issues related to the settings you are trying to change and have they have been going on for awhile.

Please Contact Customer Support.

Thanks, @creedon! I appreciate the swift response. Is there perhaps any HTML I could add to Custom CSS to prevent the "All" category from displaying on the Shop page in question? 

1 hour ago, craenestudio said:

Is there perhaps any HTML I could add to Custom CSS to prevent the "All" category from displaying on the Shop page in question?

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.category-item:first-child {

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, creedon said:

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.category-item:first-child {

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

@creedon — This worked perfectly! Thank you for your assistance.

A note for any other users with this issue: After adding the code above to the Shop page's Page Header Code Injection and hitting "Save" in the page settings dialog box, I still received the error message that changes to this page could not be saved. However, after hitting "Cancel" and refreshing my browser, it was clear that the code updates had saved appropriately despite the error message.