Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

301 redirect EXISTING page

mtnddk

Site URL: http://martindudekphoto.com

I want to redirect a page that exists in my squarespace account: /portfolio/uganda/
to another page that exists as well: /work/uganda/

That doesn't work, the redirect is being ignored and /portfolio/uganda/ shown as normal. Apparently I can only redirect not existing pages, what can I do to fix that?

Context: The reason is, I have 2 different portfolio pages: one with my whole portfolio (8 items) and one that I have as my home page (just 3 items), because I want to use the "hover: background" functionality, but not for the entire 8 items.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 23.07.58.png

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 23.03.33.png

Edited by mtnddk
  • mtnddk changed the title to 301 redirect EXISTING page
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mtnddk said:

Thanks, @derricksrandomviews, but the one I am redirecting FROM is actually a portfolio item, which can not be deactivated (would be alright if it could), at least there is no such option in the portfolio item settings? Is there no possibility to do that?

You can deactivate the portfolio item if you remove it from the portfolio first. You should be able to drag it to the unlinked section of your site, then disable it. 

This is a tough one and it comes up often. This and bilingual sites with two domains, one to one "home" page and one to another, which can't be done unless you give out a sub domain which all pages have technically. Usually we tell folks to create a landing page, both main domains hit the page and then two action buttons direct the visitor to each page.  Hopefully you will get a better answer than that from the folks here. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, kickmouth said:

Hey @tuanphan - can you tell me more about the JavaScript redirect please

Thanks

Jason

Add to Page Header (page where you want to it redirect to new url)

<script>
         setTimeout(function(){
            window.location.href = 'https://beaverhero.com';
         }, 5000);
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care