Simple Family Website

Hello,

I am looking to build a simple website for my family and my family's vacation home. It seems like a very straightforward request but I am running into some issues. First, though I tell you what I don't need:

- No SEO. This site does not need to be found on the internet

- No Financial transactions. Nobody will be buying anything

What I do need

- Password protect the whole site. This is accomplished using Square space basic settings. 

- Way for users to upload images and for those images to be added to a photo gallery that is displayed on the site

- Booking/Reservation tool so that users can reserve time at the vacation home. I think I may be able to accomplish this using the Square space scheduling tool but have not got very far into it.

I think my biggest issue right now is that it does not appear for there to be a simple way for users to upload their own images and for those images to be shared directly on the site via a photo gallery. Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do see that I can use an external form system to allow users to upload files, but the question remains how would I get those images back onto Square space. I also saw that I can link my Square space site to a Dropbox account and have my Dropbox folder displayed as a image gallery. The issue with this solution is that I would have to login into square space and update the link to get new photos to pull over. I don't want to have to login every time someone uploads an image. 

I may have a solution but it feels clunky. I can add a Cognito Forms form to a page in Square space so that users can upload images then use Zapier to post those images to a private Facebook group and then add a social Facebook group feed to Square space so that the images are visible on the site... Is this really a good solution? Not so sure. 

Archived