First time making a website, I'd love some feedback!

• Replies 4
  • Views 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good site. You have a clear purpose and there is plenty of information on your site. You've chosen a colour scheme which reflects your values and your design over all has a fresh and clean vibe which I think fits with your brand.

There are a five things that I think would improve it:

1. The contrast between the images and the white text over the top isn't strong enough for me. Perhaps use a darker image or I thin Squarespace can darken it for you for this reason.
  2. Hire a photographer and get them to take some shots. I spotted some bits that felt like stock photography and it always makes me feel a bit uneasy - like are these guys real?
  3. Add a page for recommendations with a feedback form at the bottom. Your service is so tailor it would be great to hear first hand from some of your success stories (with their photo and logo in an ideal world so we can verify for ourselves).
  4. Add your pricing structure/ feature table to the page where the package lists are. For me this felt like a lot of clicking for not a lot more info.
  5. Make your heading banner images smaller, especially if it's just a generic title and a stock image. I felt like those were valuable seconds of my time wasted on something that didn't tell me anything.

Hope that helps!

Daisy

On 11/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, daisymacgowan said:

It's a good site. You have a clear purpose and there is plenty of information on your site. You've chosen a colour scheme which reflects your values and your design over all has a fresh and clean vibe which I think fits with your brand.

There are a five things that I think would improve it:

1. The contrast between the images and the white text over the top isn't strong enough for me. Perhaps use a darker image or I thin Squarespace can darken it for you for this reason.
  2. Hire a photographer and get them to take some shots. I spotted some bits that felt like stock photography and it always makes me feel a bit uneasy - like are these guys real?
  3. Add a page for recommendations with a feedback form at the bottom. Your service is so tailor it would be great to hear first hand from some of your success stories (with their photo and logo in an ideal world so we can verify for ourselves).
  4. Add your pricing structure/ feature table to the page where the package lists are. For me this felt like a lot of clicking for not a lot more info.
  5. Make your heading banner images smaller, especially if it's just a generic title and a stock image. I felt like those were valuable seconds of my time wasted on something that didn't tell me anything.

Hope that helps!

Daisy

Hello Daisy!

I appreciate your feedback so much!!! I think you had many valid points. Readdressing your points above:

1. I went back in and edited a lot of these, let me know if there are still any that you feel are not contrasted enough!

2. I definitely plan on doing this. My company is in the very beginning stages, so I really just wanted to get a website up so I can advertise and direct people somewhere that they can purchase from us, but I do plan on hiring a photographer to have some personal photos in there. Out of curiosity--what do you think the photos should contain? Since we are a service, we could do some pictures of our "previous projects" (aka once we actually work on some projects!) on the package page to show our actual work, however I'm not sure what the other pages could contain...I don't want it to be too cluttery, but like you said I don't want it to look like stock photos (as they all are right now!). Thoughts? πŸ™‚

3. I love this idea. I could move the section at the bottom of my home page that details our partners to this page as well. I will definitely be doing this, but probably a little more down the road when we actually have some reviews πŸ™‚

4. I fixed this! Should I take it off of each package's page, or just leave it on all of them and also have it on the "all packages" page?

5. I fixed this πŸ™‚

Like I said, I appreciate your feedback so much! It really helps me out!

6 hours ago, GreenerSteps said:

Hello Daisy!

I appreciate your feedback so much!!! I think you had many valid points. Readdressing your points above:

1. I went back in and edited a lot of these, let me know if there are still any that you feel are not contrasted enough!

2. I definitely plan on doing this. My company is in the very beginning stages, so I really just wanted to get a website up so I can advertise and direct people somewhere that they can purchase from us, but I do plan on hiring a photographer to have some personal photos in there. Out of curiosity--what do you think the photos should contain? Since we are a service, we could do some pictures of our "previous projects" (aka once we actually work on some projects!) on the package page to show our actual work, however I'm not sure what the other pages could contain...I don't want it to be too cluttery, but like you said I don't want it to look like stock photos (as they all are right now!). Thoughts? πŸ™‚

3. I love this idea. I could move the section at the bottom of my home page that details our partners to this page as well. I will definitely be doing this, but probably a little more down the road when we actually have some reviews πŸ™‚

4. I fixed this! Should I take it off of each package's page, or just leave it on all of them and also have it on the "all packages" page?

5. I fixed this πŸ™‚

Like I said, I appreciate your feedback so much! It really helps me out!

Hi GreenerSteps,

I'm glad you found my suggestions useful. In reply:

1. Much better. I had a scroll through and I couldn't spot any.

2. Have a really good brainstorm and look up some other service companies and how they add their visuals. You could go photography or try some illustration. Either way consistency is key so do your research and then invest in doing the whole site - it isn't that big. In terms of being cluttering, I would drop the banner backgrounds first as they don't add much in the way of value. For research think outside the box e.g.Β https://mailchimp.com/Β there's a service that's hard to photograph but they've embraced quirky illustration and it really works. (obviously as an illustrator I have some bias here πŸ˜‰

3. Good plan!

4. I would just have everything on the one page. I don't thing there is enough info to warrant separate ones. I would also consider giving your packages names e.g. Package 1: Consultation, Package 2: Game Plan etc. It makes them more interesting.

5. Looks great!

Glad to help,

Thanks,

Daisy

Β 

Archived