How to edit the confirmation emal

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.cafevaino.fi

Hey! I'm trying to do a webshop in finnish. I'm using the "service" template in the webshop since no postage is involved. The order confirmation email displays by default a line that says:

"We will be in contact shortly regarding the services you have ordered."

How can I edit / translate this? Screenshot for the confirmation email attached.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 21.08.10.png

Hey! The old editor is out of the question since it will be unavailable from january 2021. I tried using different product templates instead of service but the confirmation email prints text to the same location with all the settings.

Service product: "We will be in contact shortly regarding the services you have ordered."

Product: "We will notiify you shortly when the order has shipped" (or something like this, I did not write it down).

...there's also no way to translate this phrase 😞

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Solution
On 11/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, freelancervillepalmu said:

I'm trying to do a webshop in finnish. I'm using the "service" template in the webshop since no postage is involved. The order confirmation email displays by default a line that says: "We will be in contact shortly regarding the services you have ordered." How can I edit / translate this?

When this thread was started in November 2020 there wasn't a solution to this issue, but a month later (in December 2020) Squarespace added a new feature to allow you to edit the custom product type messages. For example, to edit the message in the Order Confirmed notification, you can find this in Selling > Selling Tools > Customer Notifications > General Orders > Order Confirmed.

Click EDIT EMAIL and then click on the text within the email. A side panel will appear where you can edit the default custom message for different product types.

image.thumb.png.ba3d48e319f9a6d9b5f47c2e157bd9d5.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Squarespace changed the menu structure

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

as of March 20, 2024, Selling>Selling Tools>Customer Notifications is the correct path to edit and customize emails. You can also easily apply your brand styles to all in one click. Also you can just type "customer notifications" into the search bar and it will hop you directly to there.