Setting up a searchable video gallery

Hi All,
I can't find much on this workaround so here goes; I'm trying to make a searchable Video Gallery for 7.1 based site.
As you need to post videos as separate blocks and can't draw a feed from a gallery, like images, I'm looking at a blog for the ref engine and video posts. This then allows tagging and categories for search bar. BUT.. Ideally, we would like a button to search for specific categories, instead of having the user randomly search with a text input. My CSS is no-where near this level so looking for clickable function for a button to replicate a search term input. ie, a presenters name.
The search filter seems to work well otherwise.
The only other issue I can see is if we protect this area as a members area from Google ref, It will affect the internal search. I think?
Any ideas?
Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Susana_SQSP changed the title to Setting up a searchable video gallery

Hi @Mark_RM

Considering what you are trying to achieve here you might want to have a look into setting up a link to categories and/or tags. You could even set up that link using a Button Block, if you would like. Check the help guides below for more details:

Linking to categories or tags

Button Blocks

For any further assistance with this setup, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support, who will be more than happy to offer personalized assistance. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived