"Or checkout with credit card" font is too small when Apple Pay is enabled

Site URL: http://prairieschoolcoffee.com

Hi,

I have Apple Pay enabled for checkout. When anyone with an IOS device goes to checkout, the ApplePay button is huge and obvious. But the "checkout with credit card" is so subtle, customers are missing it. They think ApplePay is the only way they can pay on my site.

Does anyone know of a way to customize the "checkout with credit card" link more obvious? Or to add a button equal in size to the ApplePay button?

I know I could disable ApplePay but I'd really like a solution that allows both & is easier for a customer on an Apple device to pay with a credit card.

Thanks!

--Matt

praireschoolcoffee.com 

pay.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot change this, other than by disabling Apple Pay which isn't recommended. 

See this earlier thread, as it is still accurate:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks @paul2009 - appreciate the response. 

It's a shame it can't be changed, even with code. I've had several Apple users complain to me about the functionality. I don't want to disable it because I know people _do_ use ApplePay... eh. oh well.

As a side note: I searched these forums high and low for this topic and my searches ended up blank - only then did I decide to post. 😞 I appreciate you responding and linking to the original thread!

1 hour ago, PrairieSchoolCoffee said:

I searched these forums high and low for this topic and my searches ended up blank

No problem. The forum search doesn't always find older articles 🙂.

If it helps, Squarespace only show the Apple Pay option if the user has an active card in their Apple Pay Wallet. Research suggests that this increases conversion because all the customer has to do is tap their finger on the Touch ID scanner or look at the Face ID scanner to complete their purchase.

If the user doesn't have an active card in their Wallet (or don't have an Apple device!) the Apple Pay option won't appear. Instead they will see the standard [full] checkout page where they will need to go through the laborious task of entering their email address, name, address and card details....

Regarding the UI design, Apple are very insistent on the way Apple Pay takes priority. If Squarespace's check confirms that the user has an active card in their Wallet, Squarespace are required to feature Apple Pay prominently and make it the default or sole option for payment. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived