Jump to content

How to replace Navigation text with an Image

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.anybodysautos.net

I want to set up a new page on my website called "Freeze Peach" but instead of just typing it into the Navigation bar like usual, I'd like to use a .png of the logo that my friend is designing. They don't have the logo designed yet, so I just created the page as "Coming Soon!" for now.

I tried uploading a file in Custom CSS to see if that would work, but sadly it didn't. And I'm not very experienced in css.

Let me know if there's another way!

Thanks

Link to comment
7 hours ago, HansenCreations said:

Site URL: https://www.anybodysautos.net

I want to set up a new page on my website called "Freeze Peach" but instead of just typing it into the Navigation bar like usual, I'd like to use a .png of the logo that my friend is designing. They don't have the logo designed yet, so I just created the page as "Coming Soon!" for now.

I tried uploading a file in Custom CSS to see if that would work, but sadly it didn't. And I'm not very experienced in css.

Let me know if there's another way!

Thanks

I think you still need to add the page to nav bar and restyle the nav item with css, could I check the image you got?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • Solution
44 minutes ago, HansenCreations said:

Right! I've added the page to the nav bar and now need a little guidance on restyling. 😅

And the image is attached below. 

FreezePeach-ComingSoon.png

.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon],
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon] {
  position: relative;
  color: transparent !important;
}
.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after,
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    content: '';
    background: url(https://content.invisioncic.com/p289038/monthly_2020_11/FreezePeach-ComingSoon.png.ce50920572f09ddd418a10fcdc065c88.png) no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    position: absolute;    
    width: 200px;
    height: 120%;    
}
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    left: -10%;
}
.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    left: 50%;
    top: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
}

image.thumb.png.13e95cd39a86b4419682723cb161dbd5.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/17/2020 at 7:19 PM, bangank36 said:
.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon],
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon] {
  position: relative;
  color: transparent !important;
}
.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after,
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    content: '';
    background: url(https://content.invisioncic.com/p289038/monthly_2020_11/FreezePeach-ComingSoon.png.ce50920572f09ddd418a10fcdc065c88.png) no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    position: absolute;    
    width: 200px;
    height: 120%;    
}
.Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    left: -10%;
}
.Header-nav-item[href*=coming-soon]:after {
    left: 50%;
    top: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
}

image.thumb.png.13e95cd39a86b4419682723cb161dbd5.png

I'm trying to do the same thing on a page I'm working on, and I'm not getting the desired effect.  if someone could take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

www.dreammarketinggroup.com.  Trying to get the 'DREAMVS' navigation link to display a logo.

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
On 4/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, adc said:

I'm trying to do the same thing on a page I'm working on, and I'm not getting the desired effect.  if someone could take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

www.dreammarketinggroup.com.  Trying to get the 'DREAMVS' navigation link to display a logo.

Thanks in advance

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div.header-nav-item [href="/dreamvs"] {content: '';
    background: url(https://content.invisioncic.com/p289038/monthly_2020_11/FreezePeach-ComingSoon.png.ce50920572f09ddd418a10fcdc065c88.png) no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    height: 100%;
    color: transparent !important;
    background-position: center center;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
On 4/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div.header-nav-item [href="/dreamvs"] {content: '';
    background: url(https://content.invisioncic.com/p289038/monthly_2020_11/FreezePeach-ComingSoon.png.ce50920572f09ddd418a10fcdc065c88.png) no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    height: 100%;
    color: transparent !important;
    background-position: center center;
}

 

Can you help me as well? I'd like to change the FOR FUN navigation link of this site to this logo here. And f I want it to be a vector svg instead of a png, can I just swap it out after? Thank you!

Edited by SSong
-
Link to comment
On 4/13/2022 at 3:25 AM, SSong said:

Can you help me as well? I'd like to change the FOR FUN navigation link of this site to this logo here. And f I want it to be a vector svg instead of a png, can I just swap it out after? Thank you!

Add this CSS

a.Header-nav-item[href*="forfunfoods"] {
    background-image: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c5aed7b840b160c0a36ad9a/t/6255df2b4ea0b25916fa73dc/1649794859649/FF_Logotype_Web.png);
    color: transparent !important;
    background-size: contain;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center center;
}

If you want to change to svg, just replace url in the code with svg file url

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.