Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Can I set up a Store to take orders but no money, eg just orders with a PO from my existing clients?

Lease

Site URL: https://www.4couture.com/

hi there, 

I've got a SS site up and running recently for end users and it's great however, I'd like to set up a large store (behind a password) for our existing business contract clients, so they can browse their catalogues and make an order however, we accept a Purchase Order at the time of ordering and then we invoice them on credit terms. So we don't want to take any money via the SS shop but rather just send them an order confirmation and we would receive their order request.

Does SS handle this or is there any way I can 'fudge' it so it could work? thanks :)

22 minutes ago, Lease said:

Site URL: https://www.4couture.com/

hi there, 

I've got a SS site up and running recently for end users and it's great however, I'd like to set up a large store (behind a password) for our existing business contract clients, so they can browse their catalogues and make an order however, we accept a Purchase Order at the time of ordering and then we invoice them on credit terms. So we don't want to take any money via the SS shop but rather just send them an order confirmation and we would receive their order request.

Does SS handle this or is there any way I can 'fudge' it so it could work? thanks 🙂

Can you set product price to zero, LOL

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Youtube Gallery for Squarespace
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

17 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Can you set product price to zero, LOL

I did think of that but unfortunately not! The clients need to see the prices and all the product info and then they confirm the order with us and quote a PO reference and ideally would get a confirmation by return. We then raise an invoice once the goods are shipped out. I can't think of anyway to do it but I'm hoping somebody knows 🙂

• 1 year later...

Is there any update on this topic? It seems quite a popular one. I also need the ability for a customer to create a purchase order without paying. I currently have to link to my "shop" in jotform instead but would rather use squarespace's e-commerce platform if it were possible.

2 hours ago, Triffords said:

I also need the ability for a customer to create a purchase order without paying.

See this related thread:

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.