Can I set up a Store to take orders but no money, eg just orders with a PO from my existing clients?

Site URL: https://www.4couture.com/

hi there, 

I've got a SS site up and running recently for end users and it's great however, I'd like to set up a large store (behind a password) for our existing business contract clients, so they can browse their catalogues and make an order however, we accept a Purchase Order at the time of ordering and then we invoice them on credit terms. So we don't want to take any money via the SS shop but rather just send them an order confirmation and we would receive their order request.

Does SS handle this or is there any way I can 'fudge' it so it could work? thanks :)

22 minutes ago, Lease said:

Site URL: https://www.4couture.com/

hi there, 

I've got a SS site up and running recently for end users and it's great however, I'd like to set up a large store (behind a password) for our existing business contract clients, so they can browse their catalogues and make an order however, we accept a Purchase Order at the time of ordering and then we invoice them on credit terms. So we don't want to take any money via the SS shop but rather just send them an order confirmation and we would receive their order request.

Does SS handle this or is there any way I can 'fudge' it so it could work? thanks 🙂

Can you set product price to zero, LOL

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Can you set product price to zero, LOL

I did think of that but unfortunately not! The clients need to see the prices and all the product info and then they confirm the order with us and quote a PO reference and ideally would get a confirmation by return. We then raise an invoice once the goods are shipped out. I can't think of anyway to do it but I'm hoping somebody knows 🙂

• 1 year later...

Is there any update on this topic? It seems quite a popular one. I also need the ability for a customer to create a purchase order without paying. I currently have to link to my "shop" in jotform instead but would rather use squarespace's e-commerce platform if it were possible.

2 hours ago, Triffords said:

I also need the ability for a customer to create a purchase order without paying.

See this related thread:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a work around for this issue? It is incredibly frustrating as I am working a client site that does 90% wholesale orders for grocery stores (turkey farmer). It is important for them to adjust their order totals based on the weight once a order is picked.

I am almost done their website, and they've paid for their plan already. I feel a bit duped and I should've worked through Shopify. They are using QuickBooks online and I've connected the two through OneSaas. From my primary research it seemed possible through OneSaas to adjust invoices. What I glossed over was you can't place an order without payment. I am not looking forward to this major let down with my client. Do I need to start over with Shopify?

I've chatted with the SS help centre but there is no advice. I wish they would understand how big of a pit fall this is with their product. I've been reading forums and this has long been an issue.

Has anyone used this WishList plugin for a similar situation?

Edited by JannaLantz
add another question

Could you not configure this with a custom 100% discount of some kind? e.g. all products in the members area or all products in a specific category? Your invoicing software would have to know to ignore the discount, which is obviously not ideal, but it might be better than nothing.

Also, take a look at Cart Rover -- recently bought by Extensiv and renamed Extensiv Integration Manager -- for connecting Squarespace to a third-party accounting app.

(And yes, Shopify does a lot better for clients outside the traditional webstore.)

image.png.db2ff6c20c7a85818b77ffb594c26038.png