Determining user journey based on where they've come from

Site URL: https://jackeames.com/

Hello peeps!

This is a bit of an odd one - I'm not actually sure it's possible but hold tight.

A client would like to link the images in the website collections together, so you can click on an image and either go back to where you came from, or move forwards onto the next image (they've currently done it with their video page).

The issue I'm having is that some of the images are replicated on two pages (Hair & Beauty / Commissions). I've found some code that allows for essentially a 'back button' so I can send the user back depending on which page they accessed the image from, but I'm curious to know if there's a way to develop that so that you can send the user in the right direction moving forwards.

So for example, if image 'A' is shown on both the 'Hair & Beauty' and 'Commissions' pages: if the user has clicked thru to image A from 'Hair & Beauty' is there a way of sending onto the next Hair & Beauty image because we know they've come from that page? Even though there are two possible paths?

Potentially absolutely none of what I've said will make any sense, BUT if it does, any help/ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Sammi 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived