Display images at their original aspect ratio on the portfolio index page - York template

This is probably the most annoying thing about Squarespace for me and has prevented me from using the service for a while. I would simply like to use the York template and on the portfolio index page I want the images (that are sub linked to their respective pages) to display at their original aspect ratio and not get re-cropped. This is really incredibly annoying and re-cropping to a set aspect ratio only works for illustrators who have solid colour backgrounds to their images otherwise, it just looks ridiculous.

How can I display images on the native York portfolio index page with their original aspect ratios? This website is a perfect example of what I mean if there's any confusion https://aaronlowelldenton.com/ - a continuous scroll of images at their original ratio where they are linked to their own page. 

• Replies 3
  • Views 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like mansory image grid right?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 year later...