Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Add a product add-on (at extra cost) at checkout

anakarivvg

Hi, I am looking to add a button or option to the checkout, where customers can add a gift bag for an extra cost to their cart. I've been experimenting and decided that using the variant option is not ideal as it causes an error message, which could put off customers from buying. Instead I would like to let customers choose at checkout whether they would like the product to be sent to them with a gift bag. Any ideas (including coding as it seems there is not squarespace solution for this at the moment) would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, anakarivvg said:

I am looking to add a button or option to the checkout, where customers can add a gift bag for an extra cost

There may be some options that we can suggest, but you will not be able to do this on the checkout page unless the gift bag is a no-cost option. This is because the checkout page is locked down to prevent changes.

Can you provide some more details, including a working link to the site? Note that if your site isn't live, we will only be able to view it if you set a site password and tell us what it is.

Edited by paul2009

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

3 hours ago, anakarivvg said:

I've been experimenting and decided that using the variant option is not ideal as it causes an error message, which could put off customers from buying.

Here's an example product with a variant called Gift Bag.

gift-bag-variant-options.thumb.png.a994c123d78fef5497940aa4e78dad53.png

When our Variant Pricing extension is installed, customers won't see an error if they add the item to the cart without selecting the gift bag option.

The first option is 'No Gift Bag' and is silently selected by default for the user. If they click Add to Cart without touching the variant dropdown, the no gift bag option will be selected for them automatically. If they want the gift bag, they can choose this option before adding it to the cart. 

The screen capture below shows a user adding the item to their cart without selecting a variant . They then add the item again, but this time they select gift bag first.

variant-preselection-gift-bag.thumb.gif.a3b244ece2d6004fde1d35d816eef5d1.gif

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Paul

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 7 months later...

I came up with a solution!!! Not as good as a pop up, but will work for now. 

This works on the product page,  you do have to add it to every page, but you could use filters and customize per product if you want. Not perfect, but it works pretty well. 

I created all the add ons as products. They are all in a collection. 

In the "additional information" section, I used a summary block and chose the collection. I used a grid option and reduced the size and spacing. I added quick view which made it simple for them to use as an add on! (can show price, I didn't).

https://www.gatherprovisions.com/gather/p/classic-provisions

Edited by jessone
  • 4 months later...