What store currency should I choose?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ptphotography said:

Hello everyone.

I am from the UAE. I am planning to launch a shopping site soon using Paypal as mode of payment. I will be connecting my local credit/debit card. Can I use USD as store currency or would that cause any problem? The reason why I chose USD is because our currency (AED) is not available. 

Thank you in advance,
K

You can choose USD and install a currency convert plugin to display converted value in AED, checkout still in USD

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Ptphotography said:

@bangank36 Thank you for this!

Where do I add the plug in? Is it for free? Thank you for your help!

it complex work so it not for free, but it definitely workable as I already did for several clients. 

Here is an example from other developer, with "squarespace geolocation based currency converter" (your keyword to search for a plugin)

Mams Kulture

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

The plugin only convert for viewing, when checkout it will be still the default currency you chose from beginning

On 11/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, bangank36 said:

Here is an example from other developer, with "squarespace geolocation based currency converter" (your keyword to search for a plugin)

Mams Kulture

This isn't a real store though, right? All the prices are the same, so you cannot see if it really works. I doubt it does. This site doesn't have size and color variants, doesn't have different prices for variants, sale prices or prices over $1,000. I doubt this plugin would cope with these. The coding and UI need to be improved, as this screen flickers when the price changes, and it covers the cart icon.

currerror.thumb.jpg.20e36ca8fc670a6f8abffb1459859e6b.jpg

17 minutes ago, JamesDesign said:

This isn't a real store though, right? All the prices are the same, so you cannot see if it really works. I doubt it does. This site doesn't have size and color variants, doesn't have different prices for variants, sale prices or prices over $1,000. I doubt this plugin would cope with these. The coding and UI need to be improved, as this screen flickers when the price changes, and it covers the cart icon.

currerror.thumb.jpg.20e36ca8fc670a6f8abffb1459859e6b.jpg

It not mine, so i cant answers your questions. It just a site that use currency converter plugin i see. What's your problem?

Archived