Passing Order ID Information to a Thank-You Page

Site URL: https://www.eatology.co

Howdy SquareSpace Forums,

We are Eatology, a small pre-made meal delivery service, that is starting a new affiliate program using ShareASale (a third party affiliate managing program). ShareASale operates via code injection into the header and order confirmation pages in order to track the order ID and other order information to determine if any of our affiliates were associated with that sale, and receives this order information when an order is placed. However, our website has a static "thank you" page (that you can access here: www.eatology.co/thank-you ), and no order ID or order information is sent to it, and thus no information sent to ShareASale.

My question to you all is if there is a way to pass the order ID and order info to that static thank you page to allow ShareASale to access that information, or if there is another solution available that's well known.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, Eatology said:

Site URL: https://www.eatology.co

Howdy SquareSpace Forums,

We are Eatology, a small pre-made meal delivery service, that is starting a new affiliate program using ShareASale (a third party affiliate managing program). ShareASale operates via code injection into the header and order confirmation pages in order to track the order ID and other order information to determine if any of our affiliates were associated with that sale, and receives this order information when an order is placed. However, our website has a static "thank you" page (that you can access here: www.eatology.co/thank-you ), and no order ID or order information is sent to it, and thus no information sent to ShareASale.

My question to you all is if there is a way to pass the order ID and order info to that static thank you page to allow ShareASale to access that information, or if there is another solution available that's well known.

I suppose you've injected some code in the original order confirmation code. I think you could achieve your need inserting the snippet for ShareASale before the redirect script. In this page you can send order ID and even email address. I don't know, it's the first thing that came up my mind

• 6 months later...

How do I know the monitoring is working? Ive inserted the code injection in the footer and order confirmation page. Is there some thing else I need to do?

Edited by uaske33