Displaying Price Variants for Supply Template v. 7.0

Hi, 

I was looking to see if someone could help me with this problem:

I am using the Supply template v. 7.0 and I am trying to display a fee when the customer wants their ornament personalized. Is there a way to add that or even possibly a css code that will help?  

I would get the variant pricing plugin but it only works for v. 7.1 or v. 7.0 for all Brine (template) family. 

https://sf.digital/squarespace-variant-pricing

Also, is there a way to display the form outside of the cart button? 

Let me know.

1648234345_ScreenShot2020-11-11at9_39_15AM.png.8016d5f2e3e6c7bf844fa3d8f5f0024f.png

2063882893_ScreenShot2020-11-11at9_41_08AM.thumb.png.e0ab293b48c7351f5295c1490954f780.png

1415083792_ScreenShot2020-11-11at9_41_23AM.thumb.png.8a5188e19c58ce65074b35b6bc743da7.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, creative_dez said:

I am using the Supply template v. 7.0 and I am trying to display a fee when the customer wants their ornament personalized. Is there a way to add that or even possibly a css code that will help?  

Squarespace doesn't have a feature for personalising products yet. For this reason you cannot easily add an additional cost option for personalisation of a product. There are a few workarounds, but none are perfect.

TWO PRODUCTS

One of the best workarounds is to create two versions of your product. If you create a product with personalisation you can increase the price and add the custom product form to capture the personalisation information. You can then create a second product at the lower price point without the form, and cross-advertise each product in the other product's description. If required, the appearance of this can be improved with some code.

The disadvantage of this approach is that inventory will treat these as separate products, even though they are the same base product. This may or may not be an issue for you.

VARIANTS WITH DIFFERENT PRICES

Another approach is to create a variant option for personalisation and set the prices accordingly. However, the custom form will appear regardless of which variant is selected. 

DON'T UPCHARGE

It's not a popular option, but you could add the personalisation cost to the base product so that personalisation is effectively free. In this way, your current approach will work, where the customer does not need to select a variant, and they can select personalisation (yes/no) on the custom product form. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived