Optimizing Google and SEO Settings

Site URL: http://amandabrandimore.ca

Hi Everyone

I am new to squarespace, so please bare with me. I have built my website using this technology and I host my domain with Sibername.com

I have went through: the best pracitses guide and I have added SEO descriptions to all my pages, linked my social media profiles, adding a location map and I will be starting blogging soon. 

I have connected to google and added a Sitemap.

I'm a bit confused on 3 things:

1- SEO keyword search shows "No data available". I am unsure of what to do here. 

2 - When I search Amanda Brandimore, it does return my site but it's showing what was my old website information (when I had it with Weebly) See below. The description I have now is about coaching and not house sitting. UPDATE: MY DOMAIN PROVIDER BELIEVES IT'S BECAUSE MY OLD WEEBLY SITE WAS PUBLISHED. They have unpublished it and I will wait a few days for Google indexing to update.

3. If I google ' Amanda Goal success coach' , my site never returns. It's almost like if I don't put my full name, it's not returned.

image.png.6294ac3c4aaea12c55293dac8b73868f.pngimage.png.6294ac3c4aaea12c55293dac8b73868f.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Brandimore - you're on the right track, it can just take a while for Google to re-index a new website. When I search your name, I see the new site come up in the 5th SERP spot (after some social profiles), and when I add "coach" to your name, you have the 1st spot. That's a good sign that submitting the sitemap to Google has worked, and the bots now know to crawl your new website rather than the old one.

There are some additional steps you could take to increase visibility of the new site in search. For example, I'd highly recommend setting up a Google My Business listing connected to your website – that will help establish your position in the search results when someone searches for your name (also your business name).

If you're interested in chatting more about keyword research monitoring SEO impact as you start blogging, message me and I can share more info.

Archived