Creating Page Content based on a standardized input

I'm trying to create a real estate website and wanted to know if there is a way to create a standardized input for all of the applicable fields to create a new content block or listing.  I'm thinking of potentially a fillable form that i can create and once i submit it, it will publish in a standardized format to a separate page to view all available listings as a new listing.

• Replies 3
  • Views 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not deeply into real-estate needs but I think there are MLS services that provide embedded code that can be used on a website to do what you need.

I seem to recall several posts on here about getting code going from these various providers.

Is this what you are looking for or are you trying to accomplish something different?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I'm not trying to link or embed an MLS service.  Instead I'm trying to create a process to automate adding new Real Estate listings not currently on an MLS to my site.  It feels very similar to the Product CSV upload process in terms of function that is available on the platform today.  Is there a way to import a csv file format with the platform's existing functionality or possibly a custom code injection that i could leverage that auto populates a standardized content block structure to a blog page?

I appreciate your time and feedback.

Ah. There is no generalized import export feature in SS, essentially a database/spreadsheet feature.

Please see Importing and exporting content for some of the ins and outs.

It is certainly possible to use a blog or store page to work in a way not intended in that for example you can use a store page to display product like info (houses) but without the commerce parts by hiding the commerce specific elements. Things like add to cart buttons and quantity fields. I've seen several examples of that being discussed on the forums.

Keep in mind though that trying to push the model of how something that was designed to work in a way not intended can get frustrating and expensive for custom coding. Also at some point some things may not be doable as the platform doesn't expose the internals to do so.

The other option might be to use an external database that has some kind of embedded code for display on web pages.

I suggest exploring Store pages as a starting point to see if they would work for you needs.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived