Paid-For Add-Ons in Checkout Flow

Site URL: http://www.masaj.me/shop

Hi there, hoping that someone can help with my query!

In the buildup to Christmas we want to add additional options to the checkout page of our online shop, so that people can pay an extra £1 or so to add giftwrap, etc to their order.

It would be ideal if there was an option to add this as part of the checkout flow instead of as a separate 'product' in the store, in order to capitalise on this offer. We can make custom forms etc, but I can't figure out how to charge extra for additional services/products as part of the checkout flow.

Any advice would be so appreciated. Many thanks!

Alice

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To suggest an edit, write to the customer service.

May I suggest you a little improvement? About the handwritten postcard page (https://www.masaj.me/shop/p/handwritten-gift-postcard) once you select the postcard type, the image remains still. You can link a variant to its image, so the image will change once you've selected the postcard type. You can do this in the Inventory page of Squarespace 😉

Hi @avaughana,

It's not currently possible to sell add-on products at checkout. To suggest this to our development team, you can contact our customer support here.

In the meantime, you can add 'gift wrap' as an add-on to each of your individual products by adding it as a product variant. If you already have variants set up for a product, you can add gift wrap using our complex product variants guide.

Also to add the variant product images as @RobPegurri suggests, follow the steps here.

I hope this helps!

cg1q_g5kO_xGfCuu4Be7izVV_NRhqDc4ve0tGQPjM9KcJEsGk7_r2aOC3TvFDREPcEBeqkVyVYkbcd2f5SqEBwjMR67QYD2Kew-OhW65fVNWvTGdP1cmXHWUSbycirsSKTcnHL_G
SPENCER CHRISTIE
CUSTOMER OPERATIONS ADVISOR
HE/HIM

Archived