• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Hide date from summary thumbnails

tuurfv

Question

Hello everyone!

I checked the forum and found similar questions, but never exactly the same.
My request is: Is there a way (through coding) to remove both the date AND white square that appears on top of the thumbnails in my events summary? I also want to disable the ability to click on them, I only want the images to be shown in a summary format.

(see image attached)

In case the question does already exists and is already answered, apologies!

Thanks in advance,
tuurfv

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-02 om 00.50.03.png

Edited by tuurfv
  • Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

This works perfectly, thank you!!!!  

Posted Images

17 answers to this question

Please post the URL for the page with the events summary.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

13 hours ago, creedon said:

Please post the URL for the page with the events summary.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

Hello creedon,

Thank you for taking the time to follow this up.
My website is still under construction, I've set up a site-wide password for you.

Password: Hello1234

Thanks!

On 11/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, tuurfv said:

Is there a way (through coding) to remove both the date AND white square that appears on top of the thumbnails in my events summary?

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1603924567389_18769.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-item-record-type-event .summary-thumbnail-event-date {

display: none;

}

On 11/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, tuurfv said:

I also want to disable the ability to click on them, I only want the images to be shown in a summary format.

Are you on the business plan or above? If so code can be created to disable the ability to click on the images.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:19 PM, creedon said:

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1603924567389_18769.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-item-record-type-event .summary-thumbnail-event-date {

display: none;

}

Are you on the business plan or above? If so code can be created to disable the ability to click on the images.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Thomas, I have a similar question: I want to disable the link on summaries so that a visitor can't link it back to the product. Is that possible? thank you! https://lychee-lanternfish-y5ft.squarespace.com/

7 hours ago, AndreaGC said:

I have a similar question: I want to disable the link on summaries so that a visitor can't link it back to the product. Is that possible? thank you!

Add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection of each page where you want to unlink summary gallery images.

<script>

$( ( ) => {

// unlink summary gallery images

$( '.sqs-gallery-image-container' ).each ( function ( ) {

let $this = $( this );

let attrs = { };

$.each ( $this [ 0 ].attributes, function ( i, attr ) {

if ( attr.nodeName == 'href' ) return;

attrs [ attr.nodeName ] = attr.nodeValue;

} );

$this.replaceWith ( function ( ) {

return $( '<div>', attrs )

.append ( $( this ).contents ( ) );

} );

} );

} );

</script>

Let us know how it goes.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:41 PM, ColeH_design said:

Update password: Roland

Your site is private. Please set it to Password Protected by setting up a site-wide password.

I solved the date/white box issue by copy/pasting various code (parts) until it worked – my first successful coding! 🙂

.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-item .summary-thumbnail-event-date 
{
   display: none !important;

}

17 hours ago, creedon said:

Your site is private. Please set it to Password Protected by setting up a site-wide password.

I just sent it again to password: Roland

I need help on this page now (see above update – solved date issue).
https://smoothjazzgetaway.squarespace.com/packages

Is it possible to code CSS for lightbox forms (buttons titled "buy this package") to have text line for information/verbiage only – I don't want it clickable/type-able. Just want verbiage line (instructions).

And… I need CSS code (if possible) to disable linking of images in the summary block (used here as image gallery work around in 7.1). I just don't want images to click on this page only.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, ColeH_design said:

Is it possible to code CSS for lightbox forms (buttons titled "buy this package") to have text line for information/verbiage only – I don't want it clickable/type-able. Just want verbiage line (instructions).

It appears you solved this issue?

On 12/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, ColeH_design said:

I need CSS code (if possible) to disable linking of images in the summary block (used here as image gallery work around in 7.1). I just don't want images to click on this page only.

I think you'll need some Javascript for this one.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:08 PM, creedon said:

I think you'll need some Javascript for this one.

How do I get help with java?? I'm not familiar with what the difference is between css and java. What direction do I go to get the assistance needed.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:22 AM, tuanphan said:

Do you still need help on this?

No, thank you! I solved disabling the summary block click thru using the following css:
.summary-thumbnail-container { pointer-events: none !important; }