Embedding a PDF viewer into a page

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My answer is late, but this seems a perennially relevant topic, so answering in case useful to others—and I'm very interested in other solutions others may have come across.

The most likely alternative I've identified is Heyzine. Their design is pretty clean, doesn't force you to use some ugly faux bookcase mockup when embedding, and is reasonably priced. Here's their guide for using on Squarespace: https://heyzine.com/how-to/add-a-flipbook-to-squarespace/

Heyzine is an ancillary service for a Spain-based coding company, so it's hard to guess what the longevity of this service might be, though it looks like it's been around for about 5 years now. I'm not sure if the fact that it doesn't have to survive as a product on its own means that it's a low-risk resource to maintain, or if that just makes it more disposable to the parent company. This is always my concern with third-party services.

I agree that Issuu is overpriced (one among several problems) for anyone whose business is not primarily/only magazine publishing—and unfortunately they seem to be setting the standard for similar services.

I tested out FlipHTML5 and was really displeased with both the price and aesthetics. It is marginally less expensive than Issuu, but that's the best thing I can say about it.