My photography website www.milanmagic.com pls suggest some modifications

• Replies 5
  • Views 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goodness, how beautiful. I love how you kept the overall design so simple to accentuate the vibrant colors in the photography. The overall effect is stunning.

My only suggestion is that for SEO you probably do need some text for the Search Engines to find. I didn't check but did you add alt text to all those photos? That would be a tremendous job but probably helpful for SEO. I like the side bar menu too.

Great job! Best to you!

Jan

Very nice use of Wells template. I like your site very much, simple wall arrangement, makes it easy to browse. I would like to make one suggestion. I think it would make a great impact if you were to use a cover page, an introduction in other words. 7.0 has those built in, and they have many layouts to choose from, at no charge. You would put it in the unlinked section of your site and enable it to be your home page. Here is an example of one for a photography website I built. The first page you see is a cover page using the built in layout  called simply "Narrative."

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

And here is my own photography site built on Avenue. I am using the cover page "Montage".

My Random Views

Both cover pages are chosen to fit the look and feel of each site. I think it works. 

Your photography is gorgeous and I appreciate how simple and clean your website is.  This is a little thing, but under "galleries" most of the subheadings are in all caps but "pre wedding" is not.  I suggest making those consistent.  I also like the suggestion above for a cover page. Great job!

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the site, and I don't love it. Sorry. Your photography is insanely good! I really love your work! The problem is the website template - way too boring for your work. Doesn't make sense. It's just kind of blah. But your Instagram page has tons of great work on it, and so does the website - so it's NOT your photography! 

I would find a better template - something that highlights your work better. It should look more modern and up to date, with current color ways. The format you're using is very dated and overly simplistic. Makes people think there is nothing else to you - which is obviously soo off base!  But you aren't giving them a reason to click through your work, and your website. You want your photography to feel like a discovery. Like you are taking them on a journey. I did a website a few years ago and used several different photo display options on one page and created simple links for people to click through. 

Rather than have a menu, maybe have a cover page + a home page, and I would have different photo carousel boxes to represent your menu... It will take you much longer, but it will highlight your amazing work and be completely worth anytime you spend on it!! 

Archived