Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Force Background Video to Playback at Full Resolution? (Custom CSS)

ryanmariehelfant

Question

Site URL: http://ryanmariehelfant.com/

Is there Custom CSS code to force my background video to playback at full resolution from the second it appears?

Can it fully load at max resolution before it starts playing? 

No matter the file size, resolution, codec, and FPS, it automatically buffers at low resolution for EXACTLY 6 SECONDS before snapping into full resolution.

(I have tried video ranging from 5MB to 1GB, 480p to 1080p, H.264 and Apple Pro Res, 24FPS and 25FPS - none of this makes a difference! It seems that there is something embedded in Squarespace that causes an exact 5 second low resolution buffer period).

@bangank36 ?

Edited by ryanmariehelfant
  • Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Site URL: http://ryanmariehelfant.com/ Is there Custom CSS code to force my background video to playback at full resolution from the second it appears? Can it fully load at max resolution befor

I'm having this same problem! Were you able to solve it?

I had my developer check it out ..  

Posted Images

10 answers to this question

Desperately following this topic. Client is hosting on YouTube. Was thinking of using a pro Vimeo account, but it appears the issue persists regardless of source url. 

I'd rather have the thumbnail exist for a second or two, and let the video play smoothly at 2K when it's ready. 

I am having the exact same issue.

I am quickly losing faith in SquareSpace.  There support gave me some mumbo jumbo about custom code messing it up.  However what I have is only cosmetic.  

Wordpress is looking better and better each day.

Was there any follow up on this from Squarespace? I just discovered I'm having the same problem, regardless of video background, regardless of codec, regardless of YT upload resolution or export resolution, it hit's full buffer in the same point in the video (likely that 6 second spot op described). Can anyone explain what's going on here or how we can avoid this? There has to be some sort of navigation around this to pre-buffer 1080p, or lock it at 720p so you don't get those jarring resolution switches.

Thanks in advance.

Any progress on this? I've been waiting for Squarespace or anyone to come up with a workaround or a fix for about 2 years. It really makes no sense for this to STILL be broken after all this time.😒