Property Management Site - Secure payments?

We are in the process of setting up a property management site for a friend, and he wants to be able to take payments on his rental properties through the website. I have searched Google and came up with a TON of "Booking Plugins" for booking vacation rentals or rentals and taking payment. But I need a solution specifically that allows users to submit individual payments for their rent, and of course, be super secure. Looking for advice and solutions. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:10 AM, CanaryPM said:

Hey there!

Just curious if you got anywhere with this? I'd love to check out your website! I've built a property management website as well called canarypm.ca and I'm looking to build a portal and payment system within it to bundle everything. 

Thanks, following!

Kind regards,
Aaron

App Banner Image

mallardcutbackground.crop_605x605_70,89.preview.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo  

Aaron Terry
 Owner | Property Manager
 709-771-9507
| www.canarypm.ca
 background.png   background.png   background.png

Rental Software & Online Store Add-on | Booqable intergration process is quite straightforward, it also about custom checkout field to be collected

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Be careful tho about online platforms for rent mgmt/websites. Online booking platforms/pure-play providers usually lock you in to their solutions which often include poor performing, but included "free" websites (Technical SEO, to name one main issue).

These "all in one" platforms simply cant afford to set up and tune good-performing SEO for every customer, so building your own SS site and optimizing the SEO gives you more control over how good (or bad) your google search visibility is. Run a SEM-rush or Ubersuggest scan on a random site built with one of these "all in one" platforms and you'll see what I mean.

My main go-to for building payment systems for prop mgmt sites is 1) integrate Stripe (with subscriptions for recurring rent payments) or 2) customizing a solution like ECWID (https://www.ecwid.com/) that allows digital subscription items you can use for rent, etc.

As well, my own company www.myownmls.com offers Squarespace plugins for property management. The OOTB plans don't come with payment, but we have quickly built custom solutions into our app and website plugin for taking payments using the solutions I mentioned above, so I know it works.

So as not to violate SS policies, iIm alerting that I am associated with this company/offering, but I'm in no way pushing you to sign up. Just pointing out a real and viable tool that could help if/when configured with 3rd party payment providers who offer recurring as well as one-time payments.