New Portfolio Website / All feedback on the design, content & brand welcome!

• Replies 11
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too love the duotones and color pictures -- very, very cool. I also love the alpacas (or llamas?). A few other observations:

-I'm not sure about the image of the person smoking a cigarette. I've noticed that some people have surprisingly strong negative reactions to that type of imagery.

-Would you consider experimenting with a complementary color or a solid font for your name on the front to make it memorable and for it to pop? The size of the font seems proportional. 

-Now that you have a new site, you might think about how you describe yourself/your branding across all of your different web presences and how they work together. You've done a really good job in making it easy for a user to quickly go through all your profiles, which is something that a prospective client is likely to do. 

Overall, congratulations -- it looks terrific and highly professional. 

Hey @PamelaGomez

Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you dig the new website and brand! I am aiming for a mono color brand rocking that #0000FF blue so I'm going to stick to that for now. I strongly agree with the smoking picture, that's been updated.

In regards to your third point I've updated all my other web properties to reflect the new brand & key messaging. I think its pretty consistent across all platforms. Can you elaborate on what you would do beyond what I've done?

Again thank you so much for the feedback 🙂 

On 10/31/2020 at 7:20 AM, JRBrick said:

Hey Brandon,

I really like your site. Clever use of your blue brand color with the duotones and full color pictures on hover.

Great job. Best to you!

Jan

Love this. Looks great. Is it easy coding to do this? (The coloured fade over the photos and full colour on hover)

The rounded corners on images look good also - is there a way to do this in 7.1 or is that custom coding also?

On 11/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, LP1994 said:

Love this. Looks great. Is it easy coding to do this? (The coloured fade over the photos and full colour on hover)

The rounded corners on images look good also - is there a way to do this in 7.1 or is that custom coding also?

You can use custom code do that.

a.grid-item {
    border-radius: 10px;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 11/12/2020 at 9:56 AM, Iiro said:

Hey Brandon!

I dropped couple comments on your website: 
https://app.usebubbles.com/nSGsWpU4VeZfjmhsgurinJ/comments-on-itsbrandond-com/

Hey @Iiro

Thanks so much for this feedback, and super cool app! I think a lot of your comments are in-line with future iterations of the website. I think the next step will be further condensing and focusing the content. Thanks again so much for the awesome feedback!!

On 11/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, tuanphan said:

You can use custom code do that.

a.grid-item {
    border-radius: 10px;
}

@tuanphanyup! Plus also I am using CSS filters for contrast and saturation on the img tags and manually coloring the overlay divs as well. On hover I bring the img contrast and saturation back to 100.

Also quick note on using border radius on div image wrappers in Squarespace, dont forget to use overflow: hidden;

Archived