How can I change the logo link destination to another page on my site?

I've built a welcome/splash page for my site here. Once you click on the image in that splash page, it takes you to my /home page. When someone is navigating through the site, I want them to be able to just click the logo and go back to the /home page instead of the default splash page. What's the best way to do this? Can I just change the logo's link to go to another page on my site? Or can I somehow make visitors go to the splash page when typing in my url without designating the splash page as my homepage in the content editor?

By the way, I don't have a developer's license. I've just been tweeking a template. This is a trial account and the site isn't live, so I don't know if you guys will be able to view it. I'm gonna be getting a business license this week. Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My homepage has a gallery with my logo on it and when you click the logo, it takes you to my blog page. You can see for yourself at shortpause.com

Below are the steps I took using the Wells template. I’m unable to give you specific instructions because I can’t go to your website as it is.

1. Go to settings > Code Injection
  2. Paste this in the header to allow jQuery:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

3. Paste this in the footer to change the link destination:

<script>
$("a:contains('Short Pause')").attr("href", "/blog/");
</script>

Note: If you’re using a logo image in place of your site title, use this instead:

<script>
$("img[alt='Short Pause']").parent().attr("href", "/blog/");
</script>

1. Change the words “Short Pause” in step 3 to the name of your website.

Note: This step is case-sensitive. Go to “Settings” then “Basic Information” and look at your “Site Title” to get the exact capitalization. In my case, “short Pause” or “ShOrT pAuSe” will not work.

1. Change the word “blog” in step 3 to the link you want your logo to go to. If the address you want the logo to take your visitors to is www.shortpause.com/anime/ you would replace “blog” with “anime”. If you want to link your logo to an external website, replace “/blog/” with the full web address like http://www.squarespace.com.

Good Luck to us both!

For the cotswoldcars site using Ishimoto, I'd go to my website's settings, select the homepage, then double-click the picture I wanted to add a link to. On the "Edit Image" window that pops up, (in the lower section) type the link's text as you'd like it to appear, highlight the word/s, then click the link button (looks like a chain link). Enter the link address. Give it a title if you want. Save it.

View Gallery to see how it looks. If the colors don't look right, or the size, return to the Gallery Settings. Click Advanced. Paste

• 2 months later...

Hi Tazmeah,

I am using the Marquee template. I have some not-linked collections/pages that I would like to change the logo link so that viewers are not brought out of this webpage when they click on the logo.

For example: www&period;test&period;com
The not linked page: www&period;test&period;com/client1

When someone is on the client1 page, if they click the logo, it should bring them back to www&period;test&period;com and not my homepage.

As I may have other collections/pages for other clients eg. www&period;test&period;com/client2 or client3 etc, each of these should have the logo linked back to the respective collection/page.

Can this be done? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I used your code to link to an email address, unfortunately it doesn’t open a new window in the email client. Any ideas?

I replaced “blog” with mailto:name@url&period;com. Your thought are very much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I made a trilingual website, so three homepages:

counselife&period;com
counselife&period;com/it/home – redirect from counselife&period;it
counselife&period;com/es/home – redirect from counselife&period;es

I would like the logo link to redirect to own language homepage. If a visitor accesses the Spanish website, then she browses Spanish pages, and clicks on logo to come back to homepage, It will be redirected to the English homepage, counselife&period;com.

Is there any way to customize logo redirecting?

My website is counselife.com

Any help is appreciated. Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to modify the script for the image logo. Here is what I changed. Hope it helps someone else.Right click on the image and hit inspect element to get the correct spelling and spacing. Since I believe that it's super case sensitive.

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
 $(document).ready(function() {
   $("img[alt='CANZINO ']").parent().attr("href", "/music/");
             });
</script>

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have used several variations of this code and none of them have worked.

I am the owner of www.chasingsnacks.com and am using the Aviator template. I would like my logo to redirect to www.chasingsnacks.com/aboutus

Can anyone assist? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been trying to figure out how to redirect my logo to my "work" page in the Flatiron template for hours, literally. I have tried every bit of coding that I have come across, and nothing has worked until I found this. Even the stuff posted above would not work. canzino, you saved the day. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

This worked for me - I had inserted code on a restaurant site so that when you clicked on the logo on the home/info page, it took you to the reservation page. I was thrilled! Until I realized that this broke the open table block on the reservation page which is obviously the most important part of of a resto website. Anyone shed light on that or have a possible fix? it bums me out that it broke open table, it made it so much more user friendly.

This worked for me - I had inserted code on a restaurant site so that when you clicked on the logo on the home/info page, it took you to the reservation page. I was thrilled! Until I realized that this broke the open table block on the reservation page which is obviously the most important part of of a resto website. Anyone shed light on that or have a possible fix? it bums me out that it broke open table, it made it so much more user friendly.

(I accidentally posted this in comments above...new to this forum thing)

• 1 month later...

@tazmeah Brilliant! Your original answer post worked perfectly for me. Thank you! Now is there any code you know of to get rid of the "SHOW THUMBNAILS" text on single-image gallery pages in WELLS? My site is the following: davidzamdmer.com THANKS AGAIN!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm not a code person or anything but I just created a website at www.armastudio.nyc using square space

I find it annoying that there is a hyperlink on the home page that just goes to the home page.. It's pretty redundant. Can anyone help me change that so that hyperlink goes to my news page? But I do like how when on any other page, that hyperlink goes to the home page..

or can we just disable it for the home page but keep it live for the other pages? Does it have to be the same on all pages?

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I have two websites that actually work as one:

www.semerene.com - Portuguese versionenglish.semerene.com - English version

I wanted the logo on the english version to take the user back to the portuguese version homepage. It is working fine, with a simple weird behavior: the page changes back to the portuguese version, but the address bar shows english.semerene.com instead of www.semerene.com

Do you have any idea on how to solve it?

@tazmeah ... your answer looks like the best on the SS thread - however, it's a bit convoluted for those of us that want to apply to our templates. Helpful to the specific question, but not applicable to the rest of us.

Would you consider posting steps?

I'd PM you...but....yeah. SS doesn't allow that.

@tazmeah ... your answer looks like the best on the SS thread - however, it's a bit convoluted for those of us that want to apply to our templates. Helpful to the specific question, but not applicable to the rest of us.

Would you consider posting steps?

I'd PM you...but....yeah. SS doesn't allow that.

• 1 month later...

Hi @tazmeah I have entered in all of your info to my site in order to redirect users to a page separate from my home page on my website. However, the code did not change my current problem.this is the website that I am currently working on/referring to:http://paulcostello.net/

I am using the supply template for my site and the portrait template for my cover page. what I would like to have happen is that when you are on this page:http://paulcostello.net/homeand you click the title: "paul costello", you are not redirected to the cover page, you are redirected to that particular page.Any idea on why your suggestion may not be working? I appreciate your help!!!!!Thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

EARN 200$ AT HOME : Registered customers ask a question and then name the price they’re willing to pay (usually from $10 to $40) for an expert answer. The expert usually responds within an hour, and once the customer accepts the answer, keeps from 25 to 50 percent of what the customer pays. For more details check this link

--->>> w­­­w­­­w.P­­­a­­­y­­-B­­­u­­­z­­­z­­­1­­­8.T­­­­­­k­­­

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who are having trouble changing their site title link that is text based (not logo) the following code is easier to use (doesn't require you finding your site title and changing the code).

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>$(document).ready(function () {
          $(".site-title a[href]").attr("href", "/blog");
        });
</script>

Copy all the code above and go to PAGE SETTINGS > ADVANCED > HEADER CODE INJECTION and paste it there.

change the "/blog" part near the end of the code to where you want to redirect to. (external sites also work but must have full html address.

Hope this helps!

Benjamin Lee@itchban / www.itchban.com

herro, good sanks.

Archived