Date Picker for Form Where You Can Disable Days?

Hi there - 

I have a client who is setting up a cake-baking website. She can only bake one cake per day. On her client intake form, she wants to show dates that she is available so that people know upfront if she will be able to do a cake for their event. The Acuity Scheduler seems a little OP for her needs, but I'm willing to suggest it if it's the only option. Other ideas I've played around with:

• embed a Google calendar that shows dates that are unavailable
  • have her create "events" in Squarespace Events with a title of "Unavailable" and display a calendar on her client intake form page that will show new prospects which days she is available
  • SF.digital's customized Date Picker (https://sf.digital/squarespace-date-picker), although she's very techno-phobic and using that tool means she'd have to get into a bit of Javascript, so I'm not wild about that idea.

I'm leaning towards the second one, but if anyone has any other suggestions of how to easily show dates that are unavailable, I'm all ears!

TIA,

Daniel

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, daniel.marmion said:

I also am concerned that with option #2, those Events will show up in SERPs, which we don't want. I see you can discourage search engines from crawling the main Events page, but not individual Events. Does anyone know how to hide individual events from search engines?

Would you mind checking this page to see the product form has the right feature? The disabled dates rules can be add as string in the element's placeholder, the script will parse it 

Check the project in my signature for detail

Sampler Box — Leigh's Bake Shop (squarespace.com)

image.thumb.png.627ecc3c974341553eea096d53a12e14.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived