Remove specific text from email Order Confirmation to customer

Site URL: http://www.thedrive-incinema.co.uk/

Hey all, I'm a designer by trade slowly familiarising myself with coding. With Squarespace switching up the email edit style for 7.1, I'm having issues with the content that fires to the customer post-order. What I want to do is simple.

I want to remove a line of text in the email order confirmation which states:

"We will be in contact shortly regarding the services you have ordered."

I really have no clue why Squarespace thought that'd be a good idea for every product imaginable. Can anyone help me with some coding to remove this line from the email sent post-order?

Site: http://www.thedrive-incinema.co.uk
Pass: Hotdogsandpopcorn

Cheers!
Asa

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 18.50.30.png

I can't see a way to edit that part out. For physical products, the default is "Once your package ships we will send you a notification email." I wish I could edit that part out, since I have a custom message that goes before all that. I also wish I have the option to turn off the thumbnails in the list of products ordered. It's superfluous.

41 minutes ago, sruss76 said:

I can't see a way to edit that part out. For physical products, the default is "Once your package ships we will send you a notification email." I wish I could edit that part out, since I have a custom message that goes before all that. I also wish I have the option to turn off the thumbnails in the list of products ordered. It's superfluous.

Yes it's very annoying, it's like the new email build system has been put in place, but this hang-over hasn't been considered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with all the above. Need ability to remove "Once your package ships we will send you a notification email." This line isn't always relevant to my business model. I use a hybrid approach to my products where they are entered into SquareSpace as physical products but, depending on the selections made by the customer, sometimes a physical item is not actually shipped (just a service is performed). This unremovable line of text makes my order confirmation emails misleading.

Edited by Sam1000
expanding on the problem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, Leo_Lou said:

Hi @asa want to let you know this issue has been resolved. See below. 

Hey Leo,

So sorry about my slow reply and lack of getting back – it totally slipped my mind. I had found ways around it at the time but it certainly wasn't ideal, however i'm having a read of the thread you linked to and excited to explore the updates. Thanks for highlight this and pushing it forward as a priority.

Cheers again,
Asa

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 2:32 AM, MikeMorearty said:

Took forever to figure this out:

• Commerce > Customer Notifications
  • General Orders > Order Confirmed
  • "Edit Email"
  • Click where it says "[ Add an optional custom message based on product type. ]"
  • In the right-hand column, see the box that says "If service product, show:" — you can change or remove the text in that box.

THANK YOU! I couldn't find it either. It's not intuitive at all.