Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Bilingual Website and ecommerce

Site URL: https://www.terroir-imports.com/produits

Hi guys, 

I need some help with some finishing touches for my bilingual website. I seem to encounter some issues, especially when it comes to my shopping cart and checkout page. Here is a list of things I'm looking to do:

• Shopping cart: throughout my entire website I have chosen to hide either secondary (French) or primary navigation (English) depending on which version of my site clients use. However, when you arrive at the shopping cart, both primary and secondary navigation are displayed. Is there a way of hiding primary navigation when my clients are using the French version of my online store (https://www.terroir-imports.com/produits) and hiding secondary navigation when my clients are using my English version of my online store (https://www.terroir-imports.com/products)?

291785516_ScreenShot2020-10-25at8_44_35PM.thumb.png.e7e2063ca6c5469fcf001b6f7e2ef6f4.png

• Shopping cart: is there any way of changing the following:
    • "QTY" = Case(s) | Caisse(s)
    • "Price" = Price | Prix
    • "Subtotal" = Subtotal | Sous-total
    • "Checkout" = Checkout | Paiement

645854898_ScreenShot2020-10-25at8_44_15PM.thumb.png.b0fb7ce52e3e1a92bb0e5e34fe75c602.png

• Quick view (working link: https://www.terroir-imports.com/produits) : does anyone have a custom code to change "Quick view" to "Aperçu rapide" only on my French site?1665354572_ScreenShot2020-10-25at8_42_56PM.png.3ec7af4ab04c2aa91ce30c6dfc8418cc.png
  • View full item: does anyone have a custom code to change "View full item" to "Plus de détails" only on my French site?
  • Checkout page: is there anyway of modifying the preset text in the checkout page? I would want to make the headers bilingual (ex. Payment | Paiement).
  • Store (working link: https://www.terroir-imports.com/produits/bourgogne-aligot-2018-mark-haisma) : is it possible to change the following button in my online store 
    • "Added to cart" = "Ajouter au panier"
    • "Adding" = "Ajout en cours"
    • "Added!" = "Ajouté!"

Thanks for your help guys!

@tuanphan @creedon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for your french store. <script>   $( ( ) => {        /* change Quick View to Aperçu rapide */          $

I think this one is in the same boat as my previous post. It is dynamic behaviour which needs to be watched with a MutationObserver. MTs basically watch an element for changes and then act upon that c

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS. #cart .CartTable-itemPrice-XgjsO .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1 span:after {      content: ' | Prix';      } #cart .CartTable-itemQuantity-225eT .CartTabl

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, codefordummies said:

does anyone have a custom code to change "Quick view" to "Aperçu rapide" only on my French site?

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for your french store.

<script>

$( ( ) => {

/* change Quick View to Aperçu rapide */

$( '.sqs-product-quick-view-button' ).html ( 'Aperçu rapide' );

} );

</script>

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

1 hour ago, codefordummies said:

View full item: does anyone have a custom code to change "View full item" to "Plus de détails" only on my French site?

This one is a bit trickier as the Quick View lightboxes are created on the fly. This needs more than a few lines of code.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

5 minutes ago, creedon said:

This one is a bit trickier as the Quick View lightboxes are created on the fly. This needs more than a few lines of code.

Ah I see! Thanks anyway @creedon! The other code helped for the French version of  "Quick view"!

1 hour ago, codefordummies said:

is it possible to change the following button in my online store 

• "Adding" = "Ajout en cours"
  • "Added!" = "Ajouté!"

I think this one is in the same boat as my previous post. It is dynamic behaviour which needs to be watched with a MutationObserver. MTs basically watch an element for changes and then act upon that change. I've created MTs but as I say it's not just a few lines of code.

1 minute ago, creedon said:

I think this one is in the same boat as my previous post. It is dynamic behaviour which needs to be watched with a MutationObserver. MTs basically watch an element for changes and then act upon that change. I've created MTs but as I say it's not just a few lines of code.

@creedon Gotcha! Thank you anyway 🙂 

2 hours ago, codefordummies said:

Shopping cart: is there any way of changing the following:

• "QTY" = Case(s) | Caisse(s)
  • "Price" = Price | Prix
  • "Subtotal" = Subtotal | Sous-total
  • "Checkout" = Checkout | Paiement

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#cart .CartTable-itemPrice-XgjsO .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1 span:after {

content: ' | Prix';

}

#cart .CartTable-itemQuantity-225eT .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1:before {

content: 'Case(s) | Caisse(s)';

}

#cart .CartTable-itemQuantity-225eT .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1 span {

display: none;

}

#cart .CartTable-subtotalLabel-3qWE9 span:after {

content: ' | Sous-total';

}

#cart .checkout-button:after {

content: ' | Paiement';

}

1 hour ago, creedon said:

#cart .CartTable-itemPrice-XgjsO .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1 span:after {      content: ' | Prix';      } #cart .CartTable-itemQuantity-225eT .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1:before {      content: 'Case(s) | Caisse(s)';      } #cart .CartTable-itemQuantity-225eT .CartTable-itemLabel-3zzV1 span {   display: none;      } #cart .CartTable-subtotalLabel-3qWE9 span:after {   content: ' | Sous-total';      } #cart .checkout-button:after {   content: ' | Paiement';      }

This worked wonderfully! Thank you @creedon🤩