Mailchimp + Squarespace integration: steps, tips, tricks

I'm planning on launching an email marketing campaign for a client and will be using Mailchimp. Do I need to create an account in Mailchimp first before integrating w/Squarespace? Is the Mailchimp account separate in all respects from Squarespace? In other words, if I integrate the two platforms, will it be possible, at a later date, to decouple them and use Mailchimp as a stand-alone marketing tool (and keep all the subscribers)?

Any suggestions or hints on gotchas when setting up the integration with the two platforms? I've read the two knowledge base documents regarding the setup, and can follow them, but was curious about the community's experience.

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @spaziosquadrato - yes, Mailchimp and Squarespace are completely separate, so you (or the client) will need to sign up for Mailchimp first. Then you'll be prompted for your Mailchimp account credentials when you go to connect to Mailchimp from Squarespace.

All of the problems I've run into with the Mailchimp/Squarespace integration seem to be related to connecting Squarespace to an existing Mailchimp list. If you're starting with a brand-new, single-list Mailchimp account it should go smoothly!

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:43 AM, spaziosquadrato said:

I'm planning on launching an email marketing campaign for a client and will be using Mailchimp. Do I need to create an account in Mailchimp first before integrating w/Squarespace? Is the Mailchimp account separate in all respects from Squarespace? In other words, if I integrate the two platforms, will it be possible, at a later date, to decouple them and use Mailchimp as a stand-alone marketing tool (and keep all the subscribers)?

Any suggestions or hints on gotchas when setting up the integration with the two platforms? I've read the two knowledge base documents regarding the setup, and can follow them, but was curious about the community's experience.

Thanks!

We can take advantage of mailchimp api to connect submission between Squarespace and Mailchimp

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived