Image Zoom/Magnify within Lightbox Anything gallery section

Site URL: https://raccoon-salamander-dgyf.squarespace.com

Hey y'all, so I have lightbox anything set up to display an image gallery when a user clicks an image on the Collections page (password for the site is highfashion, if you want to take a look. I need a way to integrate some kind of magnifying glass or an image zoom that follows the cursor within the lightbox, any ideas? Cheers!

@tuanphan, any help? 🙏🏽

Edited by PatrickJ
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Patrick
I'm down the zoom rabbit hole as well - have you changed your method from lightbox anything plus magic zoom to just using fancybox? I'm testing fancybox out and have uploaded the gallery and inserted it as a code block - is there a better way than this?
thanks for your help...

• 6 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 6:22 PM, HelenCrozier said:

Hello Patrick
I'm down the zoom rabbit hole as well - have you changed your method from lightbox anything plus magic zoom to just using fancybox? I'm testing fancybox out and have uploaded the gallery and inserted it as a code block - is there a better way than this?
thanks for your help...

@HelenCrozier Is there a way to use FancyBox without activation the Developer mode? My fine art client is running into the issue of not being able to zoom on Gallery images, and after seeing this thread, I checked out magic zoom, but it requires activating Developer Mode, and I am not comfortable going in that direction with her site. Any help is truly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 5:51 AM, Cornflower said:

@HelenCrozier Is there a way to use FancyBox without activation the Developer mode? My fine art client is running into the issue of not being able to zoom on Gallery images, and after seeing this thread, I checked out magic zoom, but it requires activating Developer Mode, and I am not comfortable going in that direction with her site. Any help is truly appreciated.

Hi Cornflower sorry I missed this notification!

I didn't need to use developer mode with fancybox. I ended up changing to lightgallery.js only because fancybox did a big upgrade but didn't include social sharing as far as I could see. Lightgallery also possible without developer mode.  You can see it in action here.

The client wanted it to be possible to zoom in on the cartoons to make them legible. It works to a degree.