Reduce space between product details page and header

Hi @LaurenJoy,

Try adding this code within Design > Custom CSS:

.products article.ProductItem{padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:50px;}
@media only screen and (min-width: 769px) {
  .products article.ProductItem{margin-bottom:-200px;}
}

This should reduce the spacing for all your product pages in one go (and hopefully without affecting any other pages):

image.thumb.png.9a5323ab45ef2b1262b81afb636a89d8.png

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

P.S. - here's something extra if you want to remove that scrollbar on your product gallery 😉

image.png.3bee4e6d23e2b93501da127f41af0bde.png  

.ProductItem-gallery-thumbnails{overflow-x:auto!important;}

image.png

Edited by tcp13

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

• 1 year later...

Hi @HG-Design,

You have an empty product navigation bar that's taking up some extra space on all your store pages. You can remove it by adding the following CSS from Design > Custom CSS:

.ProductItem-nav {
  display: none !important;
}

If needed, you can shrink the page's padding a bit further by adding the following CSS and modifying the number value:

.product-layout-side-by-side {
  padding-top: 2vw !important;
}

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

Edited by tcp13

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

On 4/14/2022 at 2:40 AM, HG-Design said:

there is still quite bit of padding above the image on the store (products gallery) page. Is there a way to reduce this slightly? 

image.thumb.png.da65023b7b7d4aedec0121f5f1945cdd.png

Looks pretty good as is on my screen, but you could tweak it further with this code:

.page-section[data-section-id="625726cc3a16c8026eec4ae7"] {
  padding-top: 70px !important;
}

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

3 hours ago, tcp13 said:

image.thumb.png.da65023b7b7d4aedec0121f5f1945cdd.png

Looks pretty good as is on my screen, but you could tweak it further with this code:

.page-section[data-section-id="625726cc3a16c8026eec4ae7"] {
  padding-top: 70px !important;
}

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

Thank you Tyler and apologies I was not clear but the padding I am trying to reduce is from the image to the first line of text as per the attachment. 

I have updated your code to the photo block ID but it doesn't seem to work. 

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 6.58.24 pm.png

On 4/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, HG-Design said:

the padding I am trying to reduce is from the image to the first line of text as per the attachment. 

Ah. Try this then:

.page-section[data-section-id="625726cc3a16c8026eec4ae7"] .content-wrapper {
  padding-bottom: 0px !important;
}

Otherwise, you can try cropping the image. The remaining space is just transparency from the png.

Edited by tcp13

• 2 weeks later...

@Phiso - you'll also need to make the site "public" or "password protected" from Settings > Site Availability. Otherwise, we still can't access the "private" site to take a look at your header spacing 🙂

image.png.d4b4967498715edb32eaf759a67daa17.png

On 4/27/2022 at 7:07 AM, Phiso said:

I am trying to reduce the space between header and first section on every pages

@Phiso - try adding this at Design > Custom CSS:

.page-section:first-of-type .content-wrapper{padding-top:3vmax!important;}

You can increase or decrease the "3" value to your liking.

Hope this helps!
-Tyler

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sarah7 said:

Hi. I'm trying to reduce space between the search box and the product navigation on this page:

http://shreckhise.squarespace.com/products

Anyone have a code?

Thanks!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Search box - navigation */
section.products.collection-content-wrapper.products-list {
    padding-top: 0px;
}
ul.nested-category-children {
    padding-top: 0px !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone still here? I'm trying to do the same as the original question here: remove the large space between the header and the products here: https://www.kimberlyessex.com/audio-library

Additionally, I'm wondering if there is any way to adjust font sizes on this page? The category font seems strangely small (I'd like to make that larger) and the product title font seems strangely large (I'd like to make that smaller.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, kimkim said:

Anyone still here? I'm trying to do the same as the original question here: remove the large space between the header and the products here: https://www.kimberlyessex.com/audio-library

Additionally, I'm wondering if there is any way to adjust font sizes on this page? The category font seems strangely small (I'd like to make that larger) and the product title font seems strangely large (I'd like to make that smaller.

It is fine to me. Which space are you referring to?

image.thumb.png.9ffa9ccfcce9e733e74d77d4aecd54a3.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)