Search Engine Results

Site URL: https://elliotcoulterphotography.com/

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me?

When I search my website on an explorer, it comes up with my website, but also displays a lot of pointless text below it:

'Slide 1 Slide 1 (current slide) Slide 2 Slide 2 (current slide) Slide 3 Slide 3 (current slide) Slide 4 Slide 4 (current slide) Slide 5 Slide 5 (current slide)'

where I would like to input an 'about' section about my business.

I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve this? 

thanks in advance,

Elliot

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.19.11.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @elliotcoulter, 

I'd recommend that you start by reviewing the current SEO descriptions that are set for your site or add them if you haven't done so yet. Check this Squarespace help article for more details:

Adding SEO descriptions

Bear in mind that updates to your SEO descriptions don't immediately appear on search results. So, once you're happy with those descriptions, I'd suggest that you ask Google to re-index your site. This is to speed up the re-indexing from Google a bit. You can do this by first verifying your site using Google Search Console, if you haven’t done it yet. Check out this help guide for more specifics:

Verifying your site with Google Search Console

As a note, the amount of time it takes for the re-indexing of your site to take effect, it's entirely dependent on Google and outside of Squarespace control.

@srodrigues hit the nail on the head.

@elliotcoulter in reviewing the source code of your website, it shows that there is no description set for your site. Currently, it shows:

<meta name="description" content="" />

Here is the one from my site's source code - www.artbypino.com

<meta name="description" content="Your 1-stop Shop for Film Photography, 35mm and 120 Medium Format Films in 
McAllen. Professional Photographer for Architecture and Photography Classes." /> 
So, when you don't enter any SEO descriptions for the page or the site, you are essentially telling search engines to create them on the fly and hence, you get the random descriptions as you are getting.

Archived