Image Block Not Showing on Site?

• 7 months later...

@tuanphan can you help?  I'm having exactly the same issue at www.BarbaraAnneHarrisFineArt.com can you check it out for me to see why?  I did use square kicker to edit the location, and I am intentionally leaving no image in the block because I want it to overlap the background image.  Hoping you can think of a fix, thanks!!

@DevonHarris

Could you provide a screenshot of where the block is supposed to be? Or describe in more detail? I'm seeing a number of images that could be background images.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@DevonHarris

If there is no image SS considers the block incomplete and basically empties it upon display to the user.

1418826186_ScreenShot2021-06-01at10_44_06AM.png.549b4e42c05a8d1a1659a1217dedeaea.png

Adding a 1 pixel transparent png file should make it work. I've attached one.

Let us know how it goes.

1-pixel-transparent.png

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

It's been awhile since I've used Photoshop but in days past to do PNG and other web formats there was an Export > Export As...

It could also be the color space your are using might not be allowing the PNG to show on the Save As menu item. RGB with alpha seems to be the best.

Let us know how it goes.

@DevonHarris

I'm not sure what is going on there either. It does have something to do with the image block.

I'm wondering if a different strategy should be used for that element. A plain text block with some CSS to change it into a block with a white background perhaps?

If anyone else can fix the image block please feel free.