Help Changing Title Font with Custom Font CSS 7.1 Zaatar

Hi, 

I've been searching for hours, I feel like I've tried most every CSS that I've seen posted in order to change the site title font, but nothing has worked.  Does the CSS change based upon the template in version 7.1? They made it sound like it was all sorta one malleable thing and that templates weren't a "thing" in 7.1.  I'm using the Zaatar template.  This is also my first foray into CSS, but I know for sure that I've correctly uploaded the font, its currently being used for h1, and I was also able to change the other navigation bar fonts, its just the site title that won't/can't change. I appreciate your thoughts and CSS!

Sincerely,

Jon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CyanBodyJewelry said:

Does the CSS change based upon the template in version 7.1?

The classes for elements change based on the themes selected for a section.

2 hours ago, CyanBodyJewelry said:

They made it sound like it was all sorta one malleable thing and that templates weren't a "thing" in 7.1.

All 7.1 sites have the same basic structure that is then customized with themes.

So if you pick up some CSS somewhere that was for a v7.1 site, that site might be using different themes than yours and it may not work.

Please post your site URL.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

5 hours ago, CyanBodyJewelry said:

is there somewhere to find source code for my theme?

As you've discovered you can view source but that is a bit of a jumble. If you want to get into the world of CSS you will want to learn about browser inspectors.

5 hours ago, CyanBodyJewelry said:

I really don't know what I'm looking for or looking at. 

That can't be explained in a few sentences. I've been doing web stuff for years and I'm still learning. To get a start I'd suggest some web searches with phrases like "what is CSS", "learn CSS", etc. Once you get a basic understanding how CSS works you can begin to explore and experiment.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived