Site review and advice

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. Clean, simple, draws attention to the photography which is entirely appropriate.

I assumed the woman next to the Sessions section on the Home page was the photographer. But then after going to About Us, I realized it's not her. Maybe some more photos next to that session of other people too so viewers don't think that's the photographer?

🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi @jfarmato - welcome to Squarespace 🙂. Great start!!

A few pointers from nearly 20 years of experience working with photography, art and design:

1. Put your best work forward. Edit EVERYTHING else out. There's a few shots that are (gasp!) blurry where they shouldn't be. Also - I thought the cropping was forced in the aspect ratio of the slideshows, but you're choosing to release headshots with the heads cut off at the top. While usually this an editorial decision made by the publisher, you're doing it here. The result is the shots look cramped and sliced. Then, front-load portfolios on the landing page; there's way too much copy there.

2. Speaking of copy:  it could use some review - from grammar and punctuation, to capitalization and length. Brevity is the soul of wit... or something like that.

3. Let's see your self-portrait on the About page. One that you would take of someone else. Not a fuzzy black-and-white an assistant took on their phone.

Good luck, you're going to do great!

With ❤️, from Andrew @ SQSDesign
Need help building and maintaining your website?

That's all we do: custom blocks, fully-styled templates, product management, POD fulfillment, and more.
Reach out anytime, 24/7/365: 
📱
(628) SQS-DSGN • ✉️ Email • 👀 Instagram • 🚀 RocketSurgery Blog •  🔲 @SQSDesign

Archived