Hiding price in product selection

Site URL: https://3dpotter.com/printers

I am trying to hide the price of SOME items but not all.  The ones I want to hide are just listed as $0.00

I can hide the price of all items or none. Can't quite figure out the correct syntax. 

It would be even better to edit the price to display what I want it to, but when you go to cart it still says 0 as that it the actual item price. (This is being done so you can not checkout through the website for expensive items)

This does nothing: http://prntscr.com/v3bhps (Correct item IDs, but does nothing)

This removes all: http://prntscr.com/v3bh75 (Not wanted)

My current CSS (that is not working)

//Remove price on expensive products on printer page
#item-5be31bc8b8a0451f1d9c24b7,
#item-5be31bd68a922d43bbdb4e15,
#item-5d9f6adff9ee22472670fde8,
#item-5da0820a0758ca2ff2ece698,
.collection-type-products .product-price {
    display: none !important;
}

As for the individual product pages themselves, I already have that working.

My current CSS (that is working for the individual pages)

//Remove price on expensive products
#item-5be31bc8b8a0451f1d9c24b7,
#item-5be31bd68a922d43bbdb4e15,
#item-5d9f6adff9ee22472670fde8,
#item-5da0820a0758ca2ff2ece698,{
   .product-price {
   display: none !important }

Edited by 3dpotter

Found a fix from a previous post. 

Entered into page header code injection.

<style> a#thumb-potterbot-10-xl .product-price { display:none !important;}</style>

<style> a#thumb-scara  .product-price { display:none !important;}</style>

<style> a#thumb-scara-elite  .product-price { display:none !important;}</style>

<style> a#thumb-scara-elite-xbpln  .product-price { display:none !important;}</style>

Only thing left to do would be to display what i want instead of 'none'

On 10/20/2020 at 8:39 PM, 3dpotter said:

I am trying to hide the price of SOME items but not all.  The ones I want to hide are just listed as $0.00

You shouldn't need any tags. I wrote a guide that explains how to convert 0.00 prices to POA. You'll find it here:

How can I make some prices POA on Squarespace 7.0?

There's a version for Squarespace 7.1 here too:

How to make some prices POA on Squarespace 7.1

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009
Added 7.1 guide

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
On 10/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, paul2009 said:

You shouldn't need any tags. I wrote a guide that explains how to convert 0.00 prices to POA. You'll find it here:

How can I make some prices POA on Squarespace 7.0?

There's a version for Squarespace 7.1 here too:

How to make some prices POA on Squarespace 7.1

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Hi Paul, Is this code not working with Squarespace any longer on 7.1?  I have no "footer" option using your steps, only header. I already have custom code there. I also tried adding it a to a new block footer section however just the code shows up on my site.

My ultimate goal is to show my selling prices only in the cart (I don't think this is possible) or after a customer logs in.  I sell power massage chairs from $3K-$12K in the US.  The manufacturers have minimum advertised prices so I cant show my "real" selling prices to the public. Any help is appreciated.  Ive been researching this all day and cant quite find a solution.  Thank you.

www.chairlaxed.com

Shannon

Edited by Chairlaxed
6 minutes ago, Chairlaxed said:

Is this code not working with Squarespace any longer on 7.1?  I have no "footer" option using your steps, only header.

The guide should work but Squarespace have recently updated the backend navigation, moving the Code Injection and Custom CSS panels! I'll need to update the guides to point to the new locations.

In the meantime, please see:

Where is the Code Injection Panel? (includes the Code Injection Footer panel)

Where is the Custom CSS panel?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

20 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The guide should work but Squarespace have recently updated the backend navigation, moving the Code Injection and Custom CSS panels! I'll need to update the guides to point to the new locations.

In the meantime, please see:

Where is the Code Injection Panel? (includes the Code Injection Footer panel)

Where is the Custom CSS panel?

Thank you!  It worked.  I changed it to "Price Upon Request"  Instead of having my customers call or email me with their pricing is there any workaround for me to give them their price when they click "Price Upon Request" or a way to show the price in the cart?  Because of my manufacturers minimum advertised price requirements I'm only able to advertise very high retail prices, not my actual prices.

Edited by Chairlaxed