Zip Code Service Restriction with Advanced Commerce

Site URL: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811238#toc-create-regional-and-local-shipping-zones

Hi,

My business only offers local delivery (no shipping, no local pick up) which is restricted to a couple of zip codes. We can't service areas outside of these two zip codes. 

My question is: Will the Shipping Zones by City feature included in SquareSpace's Commerce Advance Plan automatically reject orders from zip codes other than the ones I specify in the shipping rule? 

(Please click on the URL link to see SquareSpace's description of the shipping zones feature 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @Levixmo,

If you have a Commerce Advanced plan, and you're based in the US or Canada, if you set up local shipping zones restricted to your area, customers who try to enter an address outside of that area won't be able to, so they won't be able to place their order in the first place.

To ensure this works, make sure you don't have any other shipping options enabled for the rest of your country or 'Rest of the World'.

If a customer decides to force an order by using a ZIP code that you have permitted, but then enters in address details which are actually not within that ZIP code at all, you can cancel and refund the order with these steps.

I hope that helps!

cg1q_g5kO_xGfCuu4Be7izVV_NRhqDc4ve0tGQPjM9KcJEsGk7_r2aOC3TvFDREPcEBeqkVyVYkbcd2f5SqEBwjMR67QYD2Kew-OhW65fVNWvTGdP1cmXHWUSbycirsSKTcnHL_G
SPENCER CHRISTIE
CUSTOMER OPERATIONS ADVISOR
HE/HIM

• 5 months later...

Hi @SpencerC,

we have the same issue with our page. Unfortunately we are based in Italy and our shipping terms and companies are different for each zip code.

How would you suggest to create some restrictions or verifications? 

PS: we are able to use and work with both Java and html

Thank you in advance!

E

• 8 months later...