Remove padding below caption/above thumbnails in Simple Slideshow Gallery

Site URL: https://lynx-synthesizer-lsgh.squarespace.com/abstracts-i

Hello.  I'm trying to make pages each with a simple slideshow gallery, including thumbnails and description captions below.  When I enable the captions, my images shrink dramatically in size and the space between the caption and the thumbnails is huge.  No change to any of the gallery settings seems to make a difference.  Is there any way to get the thumbnails much closer to the caption with a regular sized image (same distance above and below the caption if possible)?  I've also been searching the forums and help pages but can't seem to find anything.  I may not be searching for the right thing since I'm new to Squarespace.  Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 4.36.13 PM.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great, but in order for it not to overlap and therefore crop my images, I need to make it minimum 40px and it pushes the caption down against the thumbs.  Any way around that?  I'm assuming either more space underneath the caption or some other way of moving the caption up.  If it has to stay here it's at least better than it was before. I really appreciate it!

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.09.28 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived