How to Link Directly to A Blog Post

I am trying to add links to specific blog posts on other pages within my site.

When you create a content link, you only get a list of pages, included the blog list pages. This is great, however, I am working on translated versions of individual blog posts and I want to cross link them. Right now I have to go to the page in another tab, copy the link then use it to link the text.

Is there not another way of getting a list of posts in a blog that you can just select instead of having to go through all of those steps?

• Replies 5
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rccad2vr said:

Is there not another way of getting a list of posts in a blog that you can just select instead of having to go through all of those steps?

You're doing it the right way! The content option doesn't drill down within a collection such as a blog or a product, so there isn't a quicker way. You must manually discover the link and add it as an external link. It's best to add the link without your domain name. For example, if linking to mysite.com/blog/mypost it will be best to use "/blog/mypost".

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

For each blog post, your settings include an Options tab. Here's where you can view the automatic url for that specific post, and change it to a different one if you like. When you link to that blog post, use Page, then go to that blog page, and after the "blog/" (or what url your blog uses) add that specific url. Of course, don't add the "blog/" twice. 

When you're doing a lot of these internal links, it's handy to copy and paste the urls to a notepad or some similar text note.

24 minutes ago, skarnsbach said:

How do i locate the right url?

Whilst the config panel is showing, the URL will show as /config but if you hide the config panel (using the little arrow in the top corner of preview), you will see the page's real URL.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived